Only Two Sat Feeds to a DPP44

scottcorinna

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
West Linn, OR
I only need two sats, 110 and 119 feeding a DPP44 switch. (I'll be feeding a 921 a 6000 and two 2800s)

Will the DPP44 work with only two Sat feeds and what inputs would I use from a DPP twin LMB?

I know I'll need a DishPro Plus Separator for the 921 and the other receivers are fed straight from the DPP44.

Thanks,

Scott

scottcorinna said:
I only need two sats, 110 and 119 feeding a DPP44 switch. (I'll be feeding a 921 a 6000 and two 2800s)

Will the DPP44 work with only two Sat feeds and what inputs would I use from a DPP twin LMB?

I know I'll need a DishPro Plus Separator for the 921 and the other receivers are fed straight from the DPP44.

Thanks,

Scott

The DP 44 will work fine with only 2 satellite inputs but it will not work with a DPP lnb. In your situation, you would be better off switching the DPP lnb with a DP twin lnb so you could retain all the benefits of the DPP 44 switch. The DPP lnb is for a 2 receiver setup without a switch. This is a cheaper and easier way for Dish to perform installs. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

MountainMan

scottcorinna said:

Thanks,

Scott

This is the exact same setup I have, but with ExpressVu here in Canada. The DPP-Twin LNB is setup to get sat 91 and 82. The two feeds from the twin go into the first two sat connections on the DDP44 and then you can feed upto 4 recievers off the 44.

alt

There is NO need to use a DPP twin with the DPP44 switch. Save yourself lots of dollars and just use a DP twin.

Thanks for all the info.

My local Costco has the 921 for $489... so even though the 921's days are numbered I think I'll take the plunge. ;)

Scott

mm1 said:
The DP 44 will work fine with only 2 satellite inputs but it will not work with a DPP lnb. In your situation, you would be better off switching the DPP lnb with a DP twin lnb so you could retain all the benefits of the DPP 44 switch. The DPP lnb is for a 2 receiver setup without a switch. This is a cheaper and easier way for Dish to perform installs. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

MountainMan

Well then you better tell my 5900 (510 in E* terms) and 6100 (811 in E* terms) as I have a DPP-Twin LNB going into the DPP44 switch ;) . The only thing that happens with the DPP-Twin is the feed connection in the DPP-Twin for feeding another LNB into it is disabled.

Alt

n0qcu said:
There is NO need to use a DPP twin with the DPP44 switch. Save yourself lots of dollars and just use a DP twin.

How is he going to feed 4 receivers with just a Dpp-Twin of which one is a dual tuner 921?

Alt

Dave nye said:
Don't forget the DP adapters that you are going to need

What DP adapters do you mean? The DPP44 switch is directly compatible with legacy receivers and his 2800's will identify the SW44 as "SW21 4Sat" as per the installation manual.

Alt

Yes, LOTS of misinformation in this thread.

DPP44 switch is the right answer for your receivers. DPP Separator for the 921.

Feed it with a DP Twin. DPPlus Twin is a waste - but will work. If you already have the DPPlus Twin, trade down and pocket the $$$ difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts