OOL Boost Upgrade

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Optimum Online Boost upstream speed will increase from 2 Mbps to 5 Mbps. The speed upgrade will take place in all service areas over an eleven-day period according to the schedule below.

Service Areas Dates
Long Island Sept. 11 - Sept. 14
New Jersey Sept. 18
Westchester, Connecticut, Bronx and Brooklyn Sept. 21

In order to receive the speed increase, modems of Optimum Online Boost customers will need to be rebooted. Most customers' modems will be rebooted during an upcoming firmware upgrade. However, some customers may need to initiate a modem reboot in order to receive the speed increase.

hbk409, thanks for the information.

I ran speed tests on my modems last night and they got the usual 1.8 MB upload.

This morning I rebooted both and Ran speed tests again.
I have increased upload BUT No where near the 5MB CV is promising

The First modem I'm getting 2.7 mb upload and the second 2.2 mb
I have run the speed tests several times now and I cant get any higher then these numbers.

Should I call cablevision ?? or should the speed increase over time ??

Will the Firmware be needed to get Higher speeds?? If so is it Coming down soon ??

Thanks in advance for your help.

I just ran a speed test from optonline.net and got 26.69/2.968. I have never gotten above 3 for the upload

hbk409 said:
I just ran a speed test from optonline.net and got 26.69/2.968. I have never gotten above 3 for the upload
This is another reason why I will switch to Fios if and when it becomes available.

With FIOS if they say 5MB up you will get between 4.5-5MB :up

With Cablevision they also say 5MB BUT you get 2.2-2.9 MB :down

:mad:

DVR,

CV says "up to" 5Mbps, whereas FIOS says 5 Mbps and you get what you said, btwn 4.5-5Mbps. Also it's interesting that the CV website for OOL Boost for Business says 5Mbps for upload, yet the residential still only says 2Mbps.

I hear that this is just the Test Phase, they will be announcing it within the next week or so.
Hopefully when they do announce it we will be closer to 5MB, hopefully 4 or more.

I just want to make sure that everyone understands that OOL Boost is different than regular OOL. You need to subscribe to Boost, an additional 9.95-14.95, to get the higher speeds.

Regular OOL speeds are 15/2
OOL Boost is 30/5

DVRaholic said:
I just rebooted my Modem again
and now with the Optimum online Speedtest Im getting 4.12mb Up. :hatsoff:

With Speakeasy It says I'm getting 3.6 up. :eek:

At least its closer to 5 now :D

rebooted mine on optoline i was got 4.3up and on speakeasy 3.8 :)

Current Speedtests for OOL Boost Now show...

OOL Speedtest 4.5 up
Speakeasy Speedtest 4.2 up (was 3.8)

Looks like they increased it a bit more to compete with FIOS 5mb up
(my friend's speedtests with speakeasy show 4.8 up with verizon fios)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts