OpenBox S10 video outputs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikei80x86

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Arab,AL
I've been a lurker here for a long time, and have found solutions to most of my questions within the forums, but I'm having little luck with my latest quest for info.

There is a certain retailer (who doesn't want to be mentioned here and sells fridges, apparently) that has the "latest" version of the OpenBox S10 with component, composite, and HDMI video outputs. I can find no other retailer with this version. Is this a custom build? Has anyone bought this version, or seen it elsewhere?

Until a few days ago, I was settled on buying the OpenBox S9. I "need" composite output, so when I saw the newer "latest" S10 with composite video, I figured that would be the better choice. I'm also open to suggestions for viable alternatives to the OpenBox S9/S10 (DVB-S2, MPEG4, blind scan, composite and HDMI outputs) in the $100 - $150 range.

Thanks.

I thought they all had composite outputs;yellow,red,white rca jacks.
That is what I use for my old tv.That is with the $99 s10

The S10 only has composite (red/yellow/white) and HDMI

The S9 has those PLUS component (red/green/blue for video). There are some older TV's that dont have HDMI but have component. Also I have a DVD recorder that had component input.

The Manhattan and the new Geosat MicroHD have it too (well the Geosat will have a 3.5mm plug to component as the receiver is very small) :)

.......The Manhattan and the new Geosat MicroHD have it too (well the Geosat will have a 3.5mm plug to component as the receiver is very small) :)

The way I understood things was the 3.5mm plug was for composite (red, white, yellow) via breakout plug, and that you could get component with a breakout plug that came out of the HDMI port? :)

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning the Geosat MicroHD, Iceberg. I've looked at its specs and I think I'll continue using my Pansat 2500 until the new Geosat is available.

In my earlier post, I intended to write that the latest S10 has component outputs (in addition to the standard composite and HDMI connections), at least according to the retailer to which I alluded. I think that point is moot, now. The Geosat MicroHD looks to be a much better option.

Thanks for mentioning the Geosat MicroHD, Iceberg. I've looked at its specs and I think I'll continue using my Pansat 2500 until the new Geosat is available.

In my earlier post, I intended to write that the latest S10 has component outputs (in addition to the standard composite and HDMI connections), at least according to the retailer to which I alluded. I think that point is moot, now. The Geosat MicroHD looks to be a much better option.

I couldn't agree more! :up

yeah I'd hold off until the MicroHD comes out. Two reasons
-its from a sponsor so you'd help the site
-unlike the S10/S9/S11/S12/S44 the MicroHD has US based support (SatelliteAv is in California) and if there are issues I'm sure Brian and SatAv will get the issue fixed and push out the new software update rather quickly. Heck I posted a couple weeks ago about the GeosatPro 200 (a SD receiver that works the same) had some outdated transponder list for aiming a dish. I posted one good TP per satellite and in like 3 days the software was sent out for updating receivers :)

I've been reading through the fifty-something pages of SatelliteAV's "New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver coming soon" thread, and I am amazed at the amount of customer input Brian takes into consideration. His approach of offering the FTA community a rigorously tested product with the features THEY want is ultimately what sold me on the MicroHD, and I'll wait patiently until he feels it's ready to be released. This is a very different mindset from the "release the next version ASAP" way of thinking that seems to dominate most commercial endeavors, and is very refreshing to say the least.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)