Openbox Openbox S10 working with 45000 SRs

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
US
Hello Everyone!!Is there anyone with access to Telstar 12 15W using a Openbox S10?? For some kind of reason my S10 will not see frequencies with 45000 SRs. All other Tps there are fine. I want to know if this is a firmware or a hardware problem . If someone is able to do it I'm looking to get the firmware version to update mine. Thanks!!

IIRR it's hardware. Seems my S9 won't get that high an SR. IIRR it tops out around 32000.
Running that S9 thru S12 firmware available in the downloads section. Works well here{albeit, some quirks are in it, but can live with, with work-arounds}

there was some talk on foreign sites a few years ago about not getting sr 45000 on their sats but I never paid attention to the cure, if any.
I have never seen any sr that high on the sats I can get.

Hi
My older G4 camper dvb-s unit won't recognise the newer transponder signals at all. The whole transponder is in Mpeg4 but the sr's are still low. Only my HD units will pick up this new signal from Intelsat19 (169e). The amount of Mpeg4 now means that the old unit gets around half the Ku band tv that the HD units get. That's from Optus d1,d2 and Intelsat19.
Just got my openbox and Skybox F5 last week. Software version in both from this year. The open box is a copy I think and was a pain to program. Got both as they run on 5v and 12v. HD is the only thing to buy now.

Owen

Hello Everyone!!Is there anyone with access to Telstar 12 15W using a Openbox S10?? For some kind of reason my S10 will not see frequencies with 45000 SRs. All other Tps there are fine. I want to know if this is a firmware or a hardware problem . If someone is able to do it I'm looking to get the firmware version to update mine. Thanks!!
When last tried maybe several months ago, I received the encrypted SR 45000 tp on Telstar 12 using my S9. In fact, those were the strongest tp on that satellite. My microHD receives zero RF signal from these when I last tried (http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/308296-Trouble-Receiving-High-SR?highlight=45000). Maybe I will pull out my S9 and try again, though it seems I have some obstruction to this satellite now from tree leaves.
DSC04993_sm.jpg

Last edited:
When last tried maybe several months ago, I received the encrypted SR 45000 tp on Telstar 12 using my S9. In fact, those were the strongest tp on that satellite. My microHD receives zero RF signal from these when I last tried (http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/308296-Trouble-Receiving-High-SR?highlight=45000). Maybe I will pull out my S9 and try again, though it seems I have some obstruction to this satellite now from tree leaves.
View attachment 89645

cyberham

Thanks for inputs. There are some channels from Venezuela FTA on those 45000 SRs Tps . If you can get any of them I'll appreciate if you let me know the firmware version you'using!! Thanks

The 45000 TPs worked on my S9 the last time I tried it also. I've never owned an S10 though.

I know this thread is old, but thought I would add my SR 45000 experience for any trying to receive tps with these high SR. To receive SR 45000 on my S9 requires a "technique". First you scan in a series of channels with SR 45000. In my case, if I simply select an individual channel, the screen will be black and signal quality zero. So I start changing channels watching the signal quality reading. You can change up and down as you select the channels if you only have a couple or a few channels. Eventually, you will see the signal quality reading suddenly jump up. That's when you can quickly select any SR 45000 channel if it's ITC and you will be able to view it. It seems the transition between SR 45000 channels is what allows my S9 to be able to lock onto them. I don't know if this is normal for an S9 or a peculiarity. Once you are viewing an SR 45000 channel, it will continue to be viewable until you change channels. But this always works and allows me to view any SR 45000 channel (eventually).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)