Openbox x3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is the difference in the x3 and the F3? Looks like the same to me except one says skybox and one says openbox. They have the same chip-set.

I've said it in other threads. Instead of putting out more models, they should improve the FW in, at least, one model. To the point of working, without the annoyances and bugs. Must be something about loving retooling the lines.(??)
50k channel list capability.
We should have such problems
That'll be the day.

check the backs,you have an option to get scart or composite outputs depending on how you choose.

I've said it in other threads. Instead of putting out more models, they should improve the FW in, at least, one model. To the point of working, without the annoyances and bugs. Must be something about loving retooling the lines.(??)That'll be the day.

5000 channels even if you only spent 30 seconds per channel to see what's on would take you over 40 hours to go through all the channels just once.

for the s10 somebody once asked for a 3 column display for the channels- and they did,the rest of the world has been complaining about that ever since.

It truncates the names severely.

I like the 3 column display; never had a problem with truncation.:)

I'll love to have a S9 firmware with the 3 column, green boton to go straight to Sat List, Radio Channel edit capability and no freeze/lockups at all!!! Am I wishing to much!!

This freeze/lockup complaint...is this a C-band problem? I watch my S9 almost every night on Ku and have never seen a freeze/lockup. Is it a symptom of a strong signal? I don't have a lot of strong signals: signals are about 75% maximum quality here on the edge of the Earth.

No they can happen on Ku also, it really depends on the firmware version you are using. Also the way the meter is done with the ali chipset 75% is a strong signal. I would guess it would be about the same as a 95 on other receivers. 80 is High as I have ever seen. With all that being said, PBJ on 83W Ku is the only channel I have seen lock up on Ku and I have not figured out the pattern. It is always the ion mux on 103W C-band and a couple of other HD channels on C. If it is going to lock up it will do it real fast on the PBJ they added to 83Ku a few months ago.

I use a rarely-used (in North America) version of S9 firmware (2011-Aug-30) which many criticized for this and that reason. 83W Ku is typically 60~65% here. I watch my buddy Lassie on PBJ regularly: never locked. I also watch RTV on 83W Ku even more regularly without a problem.

Last edited:
Well from what I remember (I should have kept better notes with the 15-20 different firmware versions I have tried) the 8-30-11 didn't lock, it had an audio sync problem. Some are every so slight, I would say like 200-250ms off but I still notice and it bugs me. I have seen some with a bad lag and very noticeable and annoying:rolleyes:

I need to begin taking notes on different firmware as well. Also, always backup previous firmware if you don't have a copy of the file. I learned this the hard way with my new Skybox S12 receiver. :(

Yeah I did the same thing before. So now I have redundant back-ups of all the different versions I have. Yeah keep a good log on everything, if I start playing firmware again I am going to makes sure I take better notes.

This freeze/lockup complaint...is this a C-band problem? I watch my S9 almost every night on Ku and have never seen a freeze/lockup. Is it a symptom of a strong signal? I don't have a lot of strong signals: signals are about 75% maximum quality here on the edge of the Earth.

All of the freezing I have on C band with the S9 is NBC KCWY on 99w, and the ions on 103w. I am using a 13" dish and I get max signal quality of 85% on a lot of the S2 transponders. Regular transponders seem to peak in the mid 70s.

13" dish?? I am sure that was a typo, but like I ask others what version of firmware are you running?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)