Opinions of Norton 360 vs Adaware

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I have to pick between the two, as they are not compatible.

Opinions?

Never used Norton,had some free Mcafee with ATT dsl and it sucked!!Used to really like adaware but then discovered malwarebytes pro.Have been using it for years,I also use MS security essentials along with it and have been virus and trojan free for a longtime.

When I used Windows, I also did the Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials combo. Never a problem.

But if that's your choice, I wouldn't think Ad-Aware is as full featured as Norton. Depends on the specs of your PC as well. Norton was always a resource pig and could slow down the PC so much you might as well have had a virus.. Maybe that's changed.

Have used the Norton 360 for several years now with never a problem. Updates automatically and corrects problems with the computer in the background. Does not slow down operation enough to be a real issue. Also gives the option of backing up and storing files off site for only the cost of the software. And--- I always buy my 360 on Ebay at a great savings over the store price.

OK, good. I have some research to do when I return home.

Currently at our fiver enjoying a little peace.

I use Norton Internet Security (NIS) on all my stuff and am very happy with it. I tried 360 years ago on a small laptop with a Celeron processor. It worked fine but was a tad heavy on resources for that little outdated machine. The current version of 360 is somewhat lighter on resources than previous versions but still has a larger foot print than NIS. You can turn off some things in settings that you don't need or want running in the background. I use 360 on my moms PC. It is perfect for the older folks that aren't tech savvy and need the extra automatic PC tuneup tools.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts