Opinions on the future of FTA with the planned reservation of C-Band to 5G.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The largest residential dish that my city will allow is 15 feet. I'm not likely to spend that much money for a larger dish - I doubt that I can afford to replace my current 12 footer since a newer one is much more than the $2000 that I paid for my current 12 footer and since my insurance deductible is $1500. As the saying goes: it's too rich for my blood.

they get their share of snow etc...

We are in the middle of the biggest blizzard the Kansas City region has seen in many years. My 90cm GSP dish is going strong! Little to no snow fade here.

Copy of IMG_0294.JPG
Copy of IMG_0293.JPG

Sometimes I get H&I on Decades. 4 MHz spacing too tight? My TBS9622SE can't distinguish between those 2 and only selects one of them on a blindscan and manual won't get both.

The largest residential dish that my city will allow is 15 feet. I'm not likely to spend that much money for a larger dish - I doubt that I can afford to replace my current 12 footer since a newer one is much more than the $2000 that I paid for my current 12 footer and since my insurance deductible is $1500. As the saying goes: it's too rich for my blood.

Yeah, consumer dishes up to 12ft are out there, mostly in fiberglass or composite, but pretty rare. 10ft was seen as the "sweet-spot", and those are by far the majority that still have some surviving numbers. Short of course of somebody offering larger affordable dishes.

We will just have to see what the future brings, but I'm not too worried about it as I'm sure the market will adjust if people want it to.

Sometimes I get H&I on Decades. 4 MHz spacing too tight? My TBS9622SE can't distinguish between those 2 and only selects one of them on a blindscan and manual won't get both.

The issue with those two transponders is not dish size, modulation type or FEC. They use identical SIDs (Service Identifications). Consumer STBs often have a problem with two carriers that fall within the typical +/- 3MHz automatic tuning range. With EBSPro software, narrow the scan steps might capture both transponders during a blind scan. Commercial receivers usually do not have AFT "feature" and only lock to the entered value.

To avoid this overwrite problem, once one of the channels is scanned, edit the SID to an unused value, save and lock. Then scan the other channel in and edit its SID to an unused value, save and lock. This way the channel service information will not be overwritten and both channels will remain in memory during future scans.

Reactions: KE4EST and raydio
I have an idea here I brought up here before why can't you live near something that is protected from 5G interference? I have a radio station near my home if they registered with the FCC that means they can't put anything with 5G near them. Just like bird protecting its young by sitting on them during bad weather to keep them warm. Just another crazy thought of mine.

Reactions: raydio
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)