Optibox Anaconda HD DVB-S2 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
After reading the features and watching the two YouTube videos I decided to go ahead and purchase one. If nobody already purchased one and did a review of this product I will.

Had seen advertising for it, wondered how long it had been out, since this (appears to be) first mention of it on satguys!
Also awaiting review!

so other than the fact it can do youtube and web browsing what makes this "the thing to have?"

I guess thats the reason I have a computer...for youtube and web browsing ;)

Let us know the FCC Part 15 compliance and UL/ETL certification. Then we will know it is a legal citizen..... ;)

ST does provide some good chipsets. Looking forward to your review.

Optibox

I have the Raptor which is the Anaconda with more bells and whistles. Pricey but worth it, just as the Sonicview 8000 was in it's day. They are both available currently at two other sites. EB is the expert on these two receivers. E2 is currently available for the Anaconda and will be for the Raptor.

422, not sure if it will or not be for both models. Time will tell.

Let us know the FCC Part 15 compliance and UL/ETL certification. Then we will know it is a legal citizen..... ;)

If that picture is the way it ships, it is not PFPA or UL. That power connector has not been approved since at least 2005. Polarity can be easily defeated and it sure does not look double insulated.....

Hmm. lightning protected in advertising and NO number 8 cu ground wire. Not by current codes.

I believe so. But the Optibox rep claims the Raptor has slightly faster blind scan and more connections. So far it's just as fast, if not faster than my Openbox S9. I ordered mine with two tuners. Plus the Raptor accepts a esata internal drive. I just use an external USB 2TB drive to record and have no problems with jitters, stutters or time clock quirks. Just finished scanning 45 west and it locked onto a transponder with 1599 SR. Switching is fast with my 8x1, 4x1 and 22k cascaded switches. Just got the unit Monday and still playing with it. Picture wise, it's as good if not better than my Sonicview 8000 HD. So far, very impressed. AND it boots up into NSTC out of the box.

Does SA and CE listings have anything to do with those specifications/safety labels?

I can believe that there are substantial differences between the Raptor and the Anaconda/Gecko, despite the fact that all three are supposed to have the same user interface, because I've seen people say that the Anaconda blind scan misses low symbol rates.

The only prices I have seen so far have been 300 Euros AND UP. Am I missing something here that would make it competitive with the soon to be released MicroHD?

Ok I see the anaconda is at least 250US from HMS. It still does not compare.....

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)