Options to get dish installed on new house while keeping it in out building

slanted

Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Here is my situation:

I have had DISH in an out building (barn) for 5 years. (DISH 500 plus one pointing to 61.5)

I'm about to finish a new house on the same property and would like to have DISH there too. The buildings are too far apart to have one set of dishes, so what are my options for getting the house set up?

To make matters worse, a growing tree is going to force moving the DISH 500 to a different spot on the barn.

I have a 6000 and a leased 510, so I'm also probably in the market for new equipment too.

Are there any deals available that would ease the cost? I'd consider D* if that would be a cheaper route.

Thanks

Buy another dish off of ebay for the house and buy another receiver or two for it and add then to your current account or cancel your current account and sign up as a new customer (Ways to do this check other posts) and get new equipment, a 622 HD DVR and a 522 SD DVR or a 622 and two more receivers. 18 month contract but they install the new dish, etc. I got a 622 and (2) 211's and a Dish 1000 and DP34 for $399.00 Once you sign up as new customer just add those two receivers back to your new account, you can have up to 6. If they are plugged in to same phone number it makes them much less crabby about the 6 receivers. You can have up to 8 but that takes some major begging/bitching/arguing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts