Orange is the New Black

I thought season one was very good. I'll be jumping into this as soon as they put the episodes up. I love the way Netflix gives us the whole season at once so we can watch at our own pace.

Netflix's 'Orange Is the New Black' Renewed for Third Season

The prison drama from Weeds exec producer Jenji Kohan has received its second early renewal, with Netflix granting another run a full month before its sophomore season bows June 6. (The show was similarly renewed for a second run weeks ahead of its series debut last year.)

hollywoodreporter.com

OK, with nothing else of interest, I decided to see what this is all about. Somehow, the thought of women in prison just didn't excite me. So I started with season 1 and watched the first 5 episodes. I'm hooked for the entire series now. It will get me through to the next season . Netflix is sure advertising the hell out of this. I hope they get millions of new subscribers. Make my stock really soar so I can dump it. :)

I will say that the hype about the buffering was noticeable tonight on Netflix during Prime time but after midnight, it played fine. I heard this is going to be bad all weekend with this series tying up 80% of the pipes.

I was kind of like you don, what I think I know about the show doesn't interest me much. however, I'm going to give it a chance based on the hype.

My wife thinks the show stinks! She doesn't care for shows about prison or the people who are in them. Didn't like Weeds, didn't like Breaking Bad. But did like 24, House of Cards etc.

My wife had read the book a few years back and so we watched this together last season. I didn't expect to be engaged by it as I usually don't like prison movies unless there is a twist (like "The Green Mile"). What got me hooked was Kate Mulgrew and her portrayal of Red and I liked the style of focusing on an inmate's story for the episodes.

We re-watched the last episode from Season 1 and then first episode of Season 2 back-to-back. My wife had told me this part of the story when relaying the details of the book, but that was last year and I found myself as confused as Piper was with the transfer and ConAir (pretty funny bit with the pre-flight announcements!).

I'm also watching Season 3 of "Luther" which I didn't watch when it was on BBC but wish I had. That I watch solo, and my wife has been binge-watching "Burn Notice" which she came to late when it was on USA.

Speaking of "Breaking Bad", I watched the first episode and can see the appeal, but I also know that it's going to suck me in and I won't get anything done or any sleep if I do!

I'm also watching Season 3 of "Luther" which I didn't watch when it was on BBC but wish I had. That I watch solo, and my wife has been binge-watching "Burn Notice" which she came to late when it was on USA.
Thank you for letting us know S3 of Luther is available. I dropped down a package and lost BBCA. Love the show, and two eps in, will say it is MUCH better than season 2.

OK, with nothing else of interest, I decided to see what this is all about. Somehow, the thought of women in prison just didn't excite me. So I started with season 1 and watched the first 5 episodes. I'm hooked for the entire series now. It will get me through to the next season .
Picked up Season 1 & 2 at Best Buy on Blu Ray, we're hooked 4 episodes in...

In the UK OITNB is due to debut on linear channel Sony channel next month. Could a US channel pick up the rights to it (maybe other Netflix shows as well?) Netflix is already available in the UK?
Once it hits the magic number of 100 episodes for syndication. But
it would have to be seriously edited for basic (nonpremium) cable TV here to the point it would risk losing what makes OITNB OITNB. Of course that hasn't stopped other shows from airing. Haven't some HBO shows like Sopranos made the jump?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)