orbit magazine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
i was wondering if anybody knows any store or stores that still carry orbit magazine. i used to see the mag at a few stores but cant find it anymore. i guess i can subscribe to the mag if no one carries it anymore. i have only seen one satellite mag out of all the places i have been, i think it was named sky link or something like that. it was just an advertising mag like the one skyvision has,except a bit thicker. it would be kinda cool to come up with a mag for spotted feeds or a dishhead monthly or something. i also am looking for some good satellite books, i have only found one satellite book and it is back from 94 and has a list of channels and talks about direct tv and how people will not like the little dish much and it will be a loss of money.. boy were they wrong as 13 yrs later every house around has a dish net or direct tv on its properity. hell even alot of us big dishers have a pizza pan dish.

Joe I was just thinking the same thing. I use to see Orbit magazine regularly on the rack, but havent seen it for a few months now. Maybe they've decided to go "subsciption only". :(

yeah i used to read them when i was a kid when we got them. back then i remember seeing them everywhere,even gas stations. of course back then i didnt go to the wild feeds list if they had one in 89. i always checked movie channels and nickelodeon,at 8 years old wild feed surfing is not a fun thing with friends over. yeah back then my friends were in awe of my dish and all the channels.

My favorite back in the "Good ole days" was Satellite TV Week, a weekly guide that was much more upto date than the montly guides especially on wildfeeds...
I would have to agree with you dfergie. I hated it when OnSat bought out Satellite TV Week. In my opinion, Satellite TV Week was the best!
I remember years ago, I had a subscription to Orbit Magazine, and I ordered a subscription for Orbit International Magazine, which was advertised in Orbit Magazine. Boy was I surprised when I started getting 2 Orbit Magazines in the mail each month. I wanted one for Orbit International Magazine. It took me about a month to finally get a hold on someone over the phone, to straighten it out. They told me I couldn't have the International version, because it would be of no use or interest to me. I argued for 20-30 minutes while paying for long distant charges and getting no where. Finally they said they would put the new order on to the end of my current subscription. I told them not to bother, as I would never renew with them for not allowing me to make my own judgement, as to whether Orbit International Magazine, would be useful or interesting to/for me. So for 9 months I got 2 Orbit Magazines and then only 1 for 3 more months. Haven't had one since. Being monthly, it was usually way off with the programming, by the end of the month anyway.

Al

I have been subscribing to Orbit for years. I thought it was the beginning of the end for them when the starting adding the Dish Network listings. Last year was the last time I saw one on a store shelf. Around that time I was renewing through a discount magazine service and was informed that they stopped outside orders.

A few months ago the satellite articles disappeared. A small notice inside the cover said it was to keep costs down. Lately generic entertainment news and paid advertising type articles returned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)