Orbital Tracker Light meter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dar1

Original poster
May 12, 2015
United States
Can this meter be used to find satellites with a Dish 1000.2 antenna? There is a YouTube video showing it used to find satellites with a 1000.2 but, I'm not having much luck! I don't get a "Q" (strength) reading at all. Even after peaking on 119 with an analog meter. Any Ideas?

Peaking with a 1k2 dish is easy... just set your skew and elevation as it says on your screen based on your zip code then start it at the south and then slowly turn it right...peaking from the receiver just have the screen on 119 and say transponder 16 or 14 then just watch the levels. For a typical east coast signal level you should hit around 80 on a clear day 90 or close if its a really good made dish (yeah some are) and its blue skies etc etc. Once you lock in on a pretty good signal there then just check 129 and 110 to make sure they are ok then you can tighten down the screws some. Then just rock it back and forth a little and up and down while watching the screen to peak it a little more if needed.

Hello dvrexpander,

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I travel in an RV now and then and take my dish receiver with me along with my portable 1000.2 antenna with tripod. I understand how to set up and peak the signal. Been doing that for years. In my post I mention that I did that with an analog meter. AFTER I did that, I tried to get a reading with my new Orbital Tracker Light digital meter. I'm trying to learn how to use it and I can't find any technical support for the Tracker and it doesn't appear to be working at all! I'd love to hear from someone who has experience with the Tracker meter using a multi-lnb antenna like the 1000.2!!

What meter do most Dish Techs use? Maybe I should have asked this before I bought the Tracker light!!

Hello dvrexpander,

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I travel in an RV now and then and take my dish receiver with me along with my portable 1000.2 antenna with tripod. I understand how to set up and peak the signal. Been doing that for years. In my post I mention that I did that with an analog meter. AFTER I did that, I tried to get a reading with my new Orbital Tracker Light digital meter. I'm trying to learn how to use it and I can't find any technical support for the Tracker and it doesn't appear to be working at all! I'd love to hear from someone who has experience with the Tracker meter using a multi-lnb antenna like the 1000.2!!

What meter do most Dish Techs use? Maybe I should have asked this before I bought the Tracker light!!

Most techs use a Super Sat Buddy but I don't think you will want to fork out 200-300+ for one which I think a few of them are on ebay. I see a few of them on there really cheap and working with signs of lots of use so ya never know you may get lucky.

Can this meter be used to find satellites with a Dish 1000.2 antenna?
I think so, but the meter appears to be a clone of a First Strike meter.

I use an Acutrac III+ meter (no longer manufactured) because it shows real-time signal strength for up to 4 sat signals. However, it's a very buggy meter.

So I'm getting a Super Sat Buddy 29 because like the OP, I full-time RV and have to set up a portable dish a lot and need a reliable, quality meter.

Basic rule for multiple LNBF dishes, when the aiming LNBF is locked in and the Skew is properly set, the other LNBFs will be locked in. This all assuming the mast is vertical.

The meter does look like a clone of the First Strike. You have to insure the satellites are in the parameters tables. When I bough a First Strike FS1 I had to download the Dish satellites.

I have used the Acutrac 22 Pro, which gave signal strength on two LNBFs, and a First Strike FS1 which identifies the lock in satellite. Now I have a Super Buddy 29 which deals with Hybrid LNBFs, identifies the aiming satellite, and gives readings of all the LNBFs. Wish I had the Super Buddy 29 from the beginning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts