Ordered!

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Well I got my order in (well kind of)

Spoke with a certain branch of Dish, who shall remain nameless, as they have been swamped by emails and calls by people from 'those forums' - apparently someone posted their email in a forum with info that they could get them equipment....

But the low-down is this:

There are NO 622's available for at least a month as they have been returned to the manufacturer. They dont know when the next shipment will come in....

BUT I got an install date....

They are going to install the 61.5 dish, the Over The Air Antenna, turn on the new programming and give me a 211 for the time being so I can recieve the new programming....

They will put me on a waiting list for the 622

When the 622 becomes available they will send it out to me to replace the 211

It isnt what ultimately wanted BUT it is ALOT better than it could have been.... Now hopefully the 622 wont take 6 months to come in...........

I have been hearing this from a number of users. And this has been what I am reporting.

But some other site keeps reporting that Dish will have 10,000 units available TOMMOROW.

"There are NO 622's available for at least a month as they have been returned to the manufacturer."

Possible chip defect?

Notice I say "possible". It's a rumor not a fact.

nitstalker said:
Well I got my order in (well kind of)

Spoke with a certain branch of Dish, who shall remain nameless, as they have been swamped by emails and calls by people from 'those forums' - apparently someone posted their email in a forum with info that they could get them equipment....

But the low-down is this:

There are NO 622's available for at least a month as they have been returned to the manufacturer. They dont know when the next shipment will come in....

BUT I got an install date....

They are going to install the 61.5 dish, the Over The Air Antenna, turn on the new programming and give me a 211 for the time being so I can recieve the new programming....

They will put me on a waiting list for the 622

When the 622 becomes available they will send it out to me to replace the 211

It isnt what ultimately wanted BUT it is ALOT better than it could have been.... Now hopefully the 622 wont take 6 months to come in...........

Did you have to do a 18 month comitment?

trido

and did they charge you for the full $299 fee..
even though you may not have a 622 for another month or two?

Last edited:
nitstalker said:
...give me a 211 for the time being so I can recieve the new programming.... When the 622 becomes available they will send it out to me to replace the 211
This would work for me. I hope this is what they are going to offer to everyone tomorrow...

There wasnt a discussion of a contract... I wasnt really worried about the 18 month... Ive had dish for 6 years now, and have no plans on moving....

As for the fee, I just have to pay 50 dollars (which will show up on my next bill) That will be for the installation of the new dish for 61.5 and for the off air antenna.

Once the 622 comes back into stock, they will notify me, and then I will pay the 299 for the upgrade.

Also I guess it does answer a couple of questions elsewhere here on the forum... the new channels *will be on 61.5 as well as 129, as he said that I will need to get 61.5 as I will most likely not be able to get 129.... Also yes they did confirm it was from a defective chip that the 622's were being returned....

Also yes they did confirm it was from a defective chip that the 622's were being returned....

You know how many people PMed me with this information and copies of their emails. The other site is still too blind to believe it.

Kind of sad actually.

yep... I got a kick... i told the guy that Ive heard all kind of rumors about the 622, he said, "oh you must have been reading some of those forums online"

I dont know if everybody who calls tommorow will get the treatment I got today, but I am 100 percent satisfied so far.... It sounded like they have a plan for this...

Scott Greczkowski said:
The other site is still too blind to believe it.

Kind of sad actually.
Kinda gay (the "South Park" meaning of gay), if you ask me.

Oops, wrong thread... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)