Ordering 921 today

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I would like to order the 921 today or tomorrow, who should I order it from to have a good warrenty? They cost about $550 everywhere I look but I noticed people saying the Dish Store sucks. Is this the only Receiver that record's in HD and has P in P ? I'm switching from D*TV to Dishnet, since they offer local channels and no install fee, where as D*TV want 350.oo to upgrade to HDTV and no local channels, after I been a customer for 8 years they are charging me 350. what a joke... the cable service here would make you slap the Company CO. can hardly see some channels. thanks for any advise.

PVR 921 for sale

Hi, I'm a dishnetwork authorized retailer. Please send me an e-mail if you are still interested in buying the PVR-921 HD receiver. I have them all day at 529.99 - I just set on up in my room :)

Great price considering they we're $1000.00 a couple months ago.

Regards,
Bryan
email me at (support at dishlinx dot com)

I haven't sold one yet, but I hear that the 921 is available for like $250 to new customers - that will be the best deal going if you can get it.

SimpleSimon said:
I haven't sold one yet, but I hear that the 921 is available for like $250 to new customers - that will be the best deal going if you can get it.
Well i'm going to my local Dish Net, supplier in our little town in the morning, I'll ask him if he can find out about that deal, "I cancelled my order I placed this morning, Since they were closed today anyway."
I have a Mitsubishi DVD player I got in 1997 for 600.oo Will I have to get a new one to play HD on my new HDTV? I keep seeing all this talk about Progressive Scan DVD players, not sure what that is. But do I need one of those.
Please bare with me guys I'm trying to make sure I have everything correct before I spend all this money....Thanks I have a million Questions lol

If you get a LCD or DLP type HDTV then they automatically progressive scan input via component outputs. So your DVD input will get slightly upconverted. I have a non-progressive scan DVD player & my Sony LCD 50in RPTV does a great job with video output. Some DVDs seem to have the SAME visual quality as some HD content.
I think it will be fine if the DVD has component outputs. However, new progresive scan DVDplayers are under $200! ALso Samsung & Vinc make a DVD player with DVI output that will upconvert DVD to 1080i before it reaches TV. Reviews seem to indicate better PQ than even progressive scan DVD.
I am going to wait until next year when the HD-DVD players come out to get a new DVD player.

I'm getting a Hitachi 57T500 HDTV Rear Projection Wed. for 1499.oo Not sure about the Progressive Scan hook-up. These are the Connections.

Inputs and Outputs
Antenna Inputs ............................................2
A/V Inputs (Rear/Front) ............................3/1
S-Video Inputs (Rear/Front) .....................2/1
Wideband Component Video Inputs..........2
DVI-HDTV Input...........................................1
Center Channel Input..................................1
AV Output ....................................................1
Variable Audio Output.................................1
IR Output for AV NET ..................................2

http://www.rexstores.com/flexon/site/Video/Televisions/Projection_TVs/HD_Widescreen(16:9)/L4WPIWROWP2YCVN24J4H/sku.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)