Ordering DirecTV this Summer, help please!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It seems completely accurate to me. Perhaps you can illuminate us as to how the current Whole Home DVR service allows a single DVR to serve up more than two programs at once. I'd be very interested in how you envision recording OTA content without an OTA tuner of some sort.

Maybe if you worded things a bit better, we wouldn't be explaining this to each other.

Why do you need 2 AM21's?

I mean, you automatically assume that you are going to max out all your connections all the time, every time.

No where does it state it allows you to access more then two programs at once, don't put words in my mouth please.

On the other hand, it does allow access from any tv in the home with the proper equipment.

Keep your dish account, it suits you well.

Why do you need 2 AM21's?
I recommended one for each HD DVR that you wanted to record OTA on. This is not misleading or inaccurate.
I mean, you automatically assume that you are going to max out all your connections all the time, every time.
If you have only one server and three receivers like the DIRECTV illustration presents, you're not going to be able to watch recordings on more than one of the receivers at any one time, right?
No where does it state it allows you to access more then two programs at once, don't put words in my mouth please.
I didn't say that you promised it. I'm noting that DIRECTV is implying it by using a name and a picture to illustrate it that imply that one DVR will cover the "Whole Home" with recorded content. They even introduce it as "a single DVR for your whole home" and "its like having a DVR in every room".
On the other hand, it does allow access from any tv in the home with the proper equipment.
I could see them using "shared" DVR, but not "Whole Home". We must also consider that there are other services offering "Whole Home DVRs" that really do serve up to multiple clients.

I just didn't have any misleading ideas about what Directv is saying about Whole Home DVR. If their marketing is leading you to believe you need more then 1 HDDVR, I'm guessing, they are doing their jobs.

I just didn't have any misleading ideas about what Directv is saying about Whole Home DVR. If their marketing is leading you to believe you need more then 1 HDDVR, I'm guessing, they are doing their jobs.
I'm certainly not convinced that one HD DVR is going to serve all the needs of any household but that's what they're literally offering. I record three things at once some nights.

DIRECTV seems to be implying things that just aren't right. They have me fully convinced of that.

Do you believe anyone's advertising is absolutely correct. I don't. For a 4 receiver home, if you are going to be using them all at once to stream then you definitely should use 2 DVRs. If you just want the option to stream to any one of them and watch another recording at the same time at the DVR site while the others watch live TV then you could get by with 1 DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)