Ordering Dish But need help

marty722

Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
I have a quick question that you experts can help with. I'm ordering Dish and here's the deal.
3 total TV's
1- upstairs
1-downstairs Den- with tivo
1- Downstairs bedroom

I need this tivo to work or my wife will kill me. I told her no problem.
Should I get this combo:
1- Dish 322 no dvr with 1 dish 311 or 1-522DVR with 1-311 and how should I have them hooked up.

the one with the Tivo should have the 311 so it;s buy itself or does it matter.
Or can the 522 be with the tivo in the den and the upstairs. So many combo's but I need help to make sure the tivo works or I'm looking for a room somewhere.... Thanks for your help on this.
Marty

marty722 said:
I have a quick question that you experts can help with. I'm ordering Dish and here's the deal.
3 total TV's
1- upstairs
1-downstairs Den- with tivo
1- Downstairs bedroom

I need this tivo to work or my wife will kill me. I told her no problem.
Should I get this combo:
1- Dish 322 no dvr with 1 dish 311 or 1-522DVR with 1-311 and how should I have them hooked up.

the one with the Tivo should have the 311 so it;s buy itself or does it matter.
Or can the 522 be with the tivo in the den and the upstairs. So many combo's but I need help to make sure the tivo works or I'm looking for a room somewhere.... Thanks for your help on this.
Marty

welcome to satellite guys.

you would want the 522 and the 311. hook the 522 up to the tvs that you would want the PVR features on. hook the 311 to the other.

people have reported the 522 is working better right now, but do not promise your wife it will work. most likely it will, but i say again, make no promises.

take a look at the 522 forum here at satellite guys. read up and do your homework before you buy. if you have not already ordered yet and you deceide to go with dish, dishstore is a sponsor of this site and offers the lowest prices. if you deceide to go with direct, visit value electronics, also a sponsor of this site. both links can be found on this site.

Nothing against DishStore, but your best bet is almost always a local retailer - once with a reputation to protect and that does their own installs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts