Orlando, FL HD spotbeam

kilobravo3

Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
I was looking at the addition of the Orlando locals to the 61.5 location, but I'm a bit confused as to which spotbeam they are on. I have seen that they were on TP 13, and then later on TP 3. I also saw Area 4, Spotbeam 12, and spotbeam 9. I just don't know all the lingo so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. I live north of Orlando in Gainesville, and based on the Rainbow-1 spotbeam map, I shouldn't receive a signal, but I do get a signal of about 50 on TP 13. Is there any other TP 13 that I would be picking up? Has anyone tried to get Orlando locals north of Orlando?

Thanks.

I installed a 722 yesterday in Micanopy (Marion county side) and was receiving Orlando HD locals. I didn't check to see which spotbeam/transponder they were coming down on, but I would guess it would reach into Gainesville.

thanks for the replies. I'll check TP 3 when I get home, and if I get a signal I'll go ahead and make the "move" to Orlando. It will either work or it won't...I can always move back.

Just in case anyone was curious the Orlando spotbeam for HD locals does in fact reach to the Gainesville area. I'm receiving all HD and SD locals.

How easy is it to "move"?

I live closer to Orlando, work in Orlando, drink in Orlando, etc. But I get Tampa locals because the majority of Polk Co is closer to Tampa. It drives me nuts.

PS, I am really moving to Osceola Co next month so its no big deal. But I always wondered

About moving: I don't quite understand the entire concept, but here is my situation. We live just south of St Augustine, FL, which means we get the JAX locals. JAX locals won't go HD for, well forever!!! Anyhow, we live exactly 12 miles north of the county line, between St Johns and Flagler County. Flagler County is Orlando locals. How would I go about this, only IF the wife agreed to fore go watching JAX and switching or Orlando.

Thanks for replying.

About moving: I don't quite understand the entire concept, but here is my situation. We live just south of St Augustine, FL, which means we get the JAX locals. JAX locals won't go HD for, well forever!!! Anyhow, we live exactly 12 miles north of the county line, between St Johns and Flagler County. Flagler County is Orlando locals. How would I go about this, only IF the wife agreed to fore go watching JAX and switching or Orlando.

Thanks for replying.

Well, just give a Flagler county or Orlando area physical address but keep you current address as a mailing one(don't tell them the reason you are doing this).

I was looking at the addition of the Orlando locals to the 61.5 location, but I'm a bit confused as to which spotbeam they are on. I have seen that they were on TP 13, and then later on TP 3. I also saw Area 4, Spotbeam 12, and spotbeam 9. I just don't know all the lingo so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. I live north of Orlando in Gainesville, and based on the Rainbow-1 spotbeam map, I shouldn't receive a signal, but I do get a signal of about 50 on TP 13. Is there any other TP 13 that I would be picking up? Has anyone tried to get Orlando locals north of Orlando?

Thanks.

I checked on my receiver and the HD local channels show on TP 3 which is NOT SPOTBEAM. Only the SD local channels are spotbeam TP 31.

That's it. No re-aiming of a dish? This could be a possibility as my brother by another mother lives down just south of Marineland in Flagler County, and he has Direct. So, other than the wife, I don't see a conflict - oh my, yes the wife, she dislikes change...

Yes, that's it. Make sure you have a dish pointing to 61.5 sat. You can make a test anytime.

Yeppers, there are 2 dishes on my roof. One points SW, the other they put in when I added HD, and it points SE, and the receiver says 61.5. Guess we are already set up for the deal. The wife is teetering... She may teeter for awhile, BUT I already told here all her network shows would be in HD if she went for it.