OS Mio not scanning in channels on 97W

NorthernOhioGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2017
Ohio
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes here. I think I'm going to like this place. The install of my motorized ku system is coming along pretty well. I have, however, run into an issue, and I am not sure what exactly the problem is or how to correct it.

The symptoms are this: I am now able scan in less than half of the channels from 97w on my OS Mio. Prior to putting the dish on the motorized mount, I had it locked down on 97w and had close to 200 channels scanned in. I can hook up my V8 satellite finder, and it scanned in 198 channels. I have taken the info from the finder and tried to scan in specific channels to the OS Mio and it does not find them. I don't think it is even catching all the transponders.

My setup is this: 90 cm dish with a dual output lnbf. One output has a coax going directly to the house. The other output has a coax going into a Stab HH90, with a coax going from the motor to the house. The coax coming from the motor goes upstairs to the living room. The coax coming directly from the lnbf comes into the basement as I've not decided which other room I wan to have access to the dish.
I have an Edision OS Mio in the living room connected to the main TV with an HDMI cable. I have nothing hooked up downstairs.

So far I have tried the finder both in the basement and in the living room and can get all the channels, so I see nothing there to make me believe I have a coax issue.
I have also switched out the lnbf. I had a standard and replaced it with a universal, changing the frequencies in the receiver after doing so. I see no difference after doing that, other than I now can scan in some channels on 65 w.
I have also tried rebooting the receiver, and that also did not seem to make anything better.
I am able to lock on various satellites from 65W through 121W so I don't suspect that my alignment is way off. I am not able to find any signal from 125W but I don't know that I can here. That may be a result of the same issue that is hindering my 97W reception.
My latitude is 40.82, longitude is 84.34.

If anyone has any ideas of what my issue may be or what I may try to improve things I would be grateful for your input. Also, I apologize if I rambled on too long, but I wanted to provide plenty of details since they are usually pretty important. Thanks again.

What E2 image is loaded?

Are the scans using the prepopulated TP list, or blind scanning?

In the blind scanned logged TPs and logged channels, are you seeing services from both Horizontal and Vertical transponders?

Comparing the found TP list and the logged services, what TPs and what services are not found in the Mio that are listed in the other STB or satellite servic list website? Also, look at the sorted TV and Radio services lists.

Are you scanned for FTA and encrypted or only FTA?

What E2 image is loaded?

Are the scans using the prepopulated TP list, or blind scanning?

In the blind scanned logged TPs and logged channels, are you seeing services from both Horizontal and Vertical transponders?

Comparing the found TP list and the logged services, what TPs and what services are not found in the Mio that are listed in the other STB or satellite servic list website? Also, look at the sorted TV and Radio services lists.

Are you scanned for FTA and encrypted or only FTA?

Thanks for the reply Brian.

It is using the North American Project image.

I did a blind scan the most recent time.

It appears that it is only logging 2 transponders; It is saying 12694 vertical and 12694 horizontal...

The other device is telling me it picked up 11842H, 11966H, 12028H, 12060H, 12151H, 12183H, 11898V, 11960V, 12053V, 12115V, 12146V, 12177V, 11836V, 11867V, 11994V

I scanned for FTA only.

Reactions: c-spand
I used the single satellite scan with network scan. menu/setup/sevice searching/manual scan. Then under type of scan select single satellite with network scan on.

I have the same issues on 101 and 97 where I found that I had to do manual scans and fiddle with the scan options on my newer mio. I tried both TNAP and OpenVIX. I don't recall this being a problem with my older mio. And I'm still having problems with scanning in both Decades and H&I West on 101W. I can get one of them but not both. Transponder freqs too close together? Azteca mux and Bounce, Laff, Grit, etc had to be manually scanned with scan options manipulated, also. That issue isn't unique to the mio......

Thanks for the reply Brian.

It is using the North American Project image.

I did a blind scan the most recent time.

It appears that it is only logging 2 transponders; It is saying 12694 vertical and 12694 horizontal...

The other device is telling me it picked up 11842H, 11966H, 12028H, 12060H, 12151H, 12183H, 11898V, 11960V, 12053V, 12115V, 12146V, 12177V, 11836V, 11867V, 11994V

I scanned for FTA only.
Maybe an lnb setting. does your lnb go up to 12694?

Thanks for the input c-spand johnnynobody and SDA_FL_USA . I tried the single satellite scan with network scan on. It got nothing. I did a restart and then tried it again; same result. My lnb goes to 12750. My wife and son are watching a program now, so I'll have to wait a little while before I can do any more tinkering.

Wished you could have provided specifics on services found and if the service polarities and frequencies matched your other STB and satellite service websites.

I am not aware of any DVBS transponders on 97w above 12200. This makes me assume that the LO frequency is not set correctly. Also, because both found transponders are the same frequency, out of range for the satellite, but opposite polarities, it is likely an incorrect tuner configuration.

What LNBF make and model? Screenshot of your tuner settings and blindscan screens?

Perform a blind scan >>> transponder scan the report the transponders logged. Continue with the service logging and provide some of the service names logged and what frequency.

BTW... A satellite and network scan only logs services on preprogrammed transponders.

johnnynobody, same manufacturing batch and same TNAP image as the last STB you ordered. Maybe start a thread specific to your report as I am not aware of others having problem scanning and logging these 101w C-band channels with the Mio. These channels have been settled in for many months now without the previous issues during the broadcaster's service remapping.

The lnbf is an Avenger KSC322. I'll do some checking here in a little while and get some more specifics on settings and what exactly scans in when I get the TV back.

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
I mis-typed. It is a KSC322-2. I missed the "-2" That is probably not important now though.

I do think the issue has been corrected now. In my tuner settings, for some reason the voltage mode was 18v rather than polarization. I switched that to polarization and scanned again. I think I got back everything that was missing. I want to thank everyone that lent their advice. I really appreciate it. I hope to return the favor some day. Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)