Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just a little OT fun……I’ll preface my question with a story…

The radio station that I listen to at work through my computer is Power 97 out of Winnipeg. Their morning show they sometimes have a game called “pick one” and the concept is, if you were given two names and you had to pick one, which one would you choose for a night. (I know…sick humor..it starts innocent enough. Things like “JLo or Brittney” but then gets to things like “Fred Flinstone or George Jetson”)

But I will take this a different way (thankfully). If you owned a FTA receiver and you had to pick either blind scan or being able to control a motor, which one would you want? You couldn’t have both.

-Control a motor or Blind Scan?

I personally would choose control a motor, because you can always type in the info and scan that way…

So what one would you choose and why?

I would have to say control a motor. While blind scan is fun, it is not essential and really doesnt save labor the way a motor does. Its much easier to type in info than it is to constantly "ghetto" move a dish (ask me how i know ; )

Do you have to ask : )

And blind scan has taken all the skill out of scanning, now everyones an expert : )

Fun thread!

I was tempted to say Blind Scan :D Just becuase I don't have it and it'd be nice.... but I don't think I could live with a fixed dish (and I somehow sprained my thumb yesterday running up to the dish and back adjusting things!) So my guess is motor will win by a landslide.

GOTTA get that DSS lnb up so I can enjoy Power 97...

I think I'd have to vote motor as well....

Unless the blindscan option involved an elaborate dish farm and a sea of diSEqC switches - hehe.

iammike said:
I'd take the motor over blind scan and Fred Flintstone over George Jetson. :D
So did Hal (Hal Anderson, one of the DJ’s for the morning show Wheeler & Hal)

The next one they gave him was “Jared from Subway or the unofficial Wendy’s guy”

Hal took George Jetson :D

My vote is for "control a motor". I remember my first dish (bud) back in 78. It had a hand crank. You had to remember (by writing them down) how many turns it took to get from Westar 5 to Galaxy 1 (not G1R). That is something you wouldn't want to do in bad weather, or any weather for that matter. motor,motor,motor,motor .... anytime....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)