Please reply by conversation.

asousa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 8, 2004
Stoughton, MA
hey guys,

I am new to the H10 and I am picking up my OTA. I am in between providence and boston so i get both sets of locals. For some reason my boston CBS has 90% signal strength but NO sound. All the other channels have sound...any ideas??

Thanks

It's probably just their channel and it's probably just temporary. DC NBC 4.1 was out for about a month and then came back when they launched the 4.2 weather subchannel. Now it's DC Fox 5.1 that's out.

I had that with Philly 57 on my directv system. I hooked the same antenna up to my voom box and the sound worked. It could be an issue with the directv set top boxes.

mp3audio said:
I had that with Philly 57 on my directv system. I hooked the same antenna up to my voom box and the sound worked. It could be an issue with the directv set top boxes.

I think you're right. When I hook up the antenna to my internal tuner it works fine.

Oh well....

Is there a way to fix this? CBS is important to me, especially come football season!!

Anyone ever have this problem with the H10??

i got this info from another forum....i will give it a shot tonight.

-- from AVSFourms.com
This is a known issue - you need to take out your zip codes and re-scan - search this forum and you will find the instructions. You will have sound - but no guide info - the engineers are supposed to be working on it

asousa said:
Is there a way to fix this? CBS is important to me, especially come football season!!

Anyone ever have this problem with the H10??

I have this problem with channel 4-1 (Boston) on my RCA 210. Luckily, I live in the Boston market so I was able to get DirecTV to turn on NY HD feed (Ch 80) since the Boston station is O&O by CBS. I don't know if that's an option for you, you may be in the Providence market as well, which probably isn't O&O, assuming Providence has a CBS station.

I took out my local networks for that channel only. So basically I removed boston as the secondary network and now the boston CBS works perfectly. Also, for some reason the providence CBS is not a very good signal, so i had to get the boston one working.

So in conclusion until there is a fix I def can live without the guide info for the boston OTA stations. I still have the Providence ones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)