OTA Adapter

SpringerTigger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Central Iowa
Is the AirTV still the better dual OTA adapter for the Hopper3? If so, can someone please repost the link to the correct one? (I can't find it in the archives this morning.) I'm really tired of "No signal found" so it's time to break down and buy a new adapter.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using the SatelliteGuys app!

This one in particular:

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 11.00.08 AM.png

Is the AirTV still the better dual OTA adapter for the Hopper3? If so, can someone please repost the link to the correct one? (I can't find it in the archives this morning.) I'm really tired of "No signal found" so it's time to break down and buy a new adapter.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using the SatelliteGuys app!

It's better than the original dual tuner OTA adapter from Dish but it's not better than the current dual tuner adapter from Dish. In fact some say it's the same guts in a different package.

and the AirTV one is a bunch cheaper than the Dish one. That "some say" is in fact, Scott, our illustrious leader.

Yea I know, but Scott's info is only as good as his source. I have also been told by a pretty good source that they're almost the same but just different enough that it's possible for them to make the AirTV adapter stop working on Dish equipment if they ever feel like it.

Yea I know, but Scott's info is only as good as his source. I have also been told by a pretty good source that they're almost the same but just different enough that it's possible for them to make the AirTV adapter stop working on Dish equipment if they ever feel like it.
Fair enough...

Not going to happen. I actually asked at Team Summit. :)

Recently lost our CBS so hooked up an inside OTA antenna. Can get most of the channels and believe if we get an outside antenna we will get all of them. Now I need to get the Dish OTA adapter for my Hopper 3. The one at Dish is $59.99 plus tax and shipping resulting in a cost of $71. Have located two on the Walmart.com Marketplace for either $59.00 or $49.46 with free shipping and no tax. Both listings say they are Dish brands but the model numbers are different and when I check with Dish, no one can tell me what the current model number is.
Here are the listings:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/DUAL-OTA-ADAPTER-FOR-HOPPER-WALLY/896791127
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dish-610-001-Dual-tuner-Ota-Adapter-For-Dish-Wally-Hd-Receiver/900554542
Would someone please give me your thoughts on these two adapters?
And one last question, read a review that I should get the adapter with a white cable because it doesn't build up heat like the black cable will. Any truth in that?
Thanks.

Reactions: SandFarmer
Recently lost our CBS so hooked up an inside OTA antenna. Can get most of the channels and believe if we get an outside antenna we will get all of them. Now I need to get the Dish OTA adapter for my Hopper 3. The one at Dish is $59.99 plus tax and shipping resulting in a cost of $71. Have located two on the Walmart.com Marketplace for either $59.00 or $49.46 with free shipping and no tax. Both listings say they are Dish brands but the model numbers are different and when I check with Dish, no one can tell me what the current model number is.
Here are the listings:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/DUAL-OTA-ADAPTER-FOR-HOPPER-WALLY/896791127
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dish-610-001-Dual-tuner-Ota-Adapter-For-Dish-Wally-Hd-Receiver/900554542
Would someone please give me your thoughts on these two adapters?
And one last question, read a review that I should get the adapter with a white cable because it doesn't build up heat like the black cable will. Any truth in that?
Thanks.
The $29.99 AirTV Dual-Tuner Adapter with free shipping works too for your Hopper 3. Products | AirTV

Reactions: WickedStepMom
I am not sure what you should get. I hate to recommend one and it didn’t work good for you. I am only about 20 miles from the local stations in St Louis. So I installed an OTA Terrestrial Digital DB4 in my attic in 2007. Got it from Antenna Direct in Missouri. Have it split to three TV locations with a Channel Master 7775 amp. I get 100% signal strength from just about all the OTA channels. I hear Channel Master is a good OTA antenna brand. Also Antenna Web site is a good tool to help you select an antenna.

TV Antennas: All Digital & HDTV Antennas - Antennas Direct

Address

Attachments

• OTA Antenna.JPG
    OTA Antenna.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 452
Reactions: Tampa8
Thanks, Charles.
Channel Master is what we are looking at. Currently we have set up an RCA indoor antenna that is set in an upstairs window and KSDK is the only one that is pixelated. The major networks are 51 miles away, all within the same area for a directional antenna.
We will check out Antenna Web and Antenna Direct.
Thanks, again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks, Charles.
Channel Master is what we are looking at. Currently we have set up an RCA indoor antenna that is set in an upstairs window and KSDK is the only one that is pixelated. The major networks are 51 miles away, all within the same area for a directional antenna.
We will check out Antenna Web and Antenna Direct.
Thanks, again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the SatelliteGuys app!
Welcome. Good luck.

Thank you.
Thought I should stay with one that says DISH but thought my actual Dish installers would be the ones that could best advise me.

Since you live in the area of my local channels, any good recommendations on outside antennas for 60 miles?

they are going to advise you to install (just plug in) the DISH labeled adapter at twice the price.

Something I should have first asked about the OTA antenna and adapter with my Hopper 3.... I got the Hopper to record several prime time shows at one time, an option I couldn't do with my VIP722K. I know with the OTA antenna connected to the Hopper 3, I will be able to record but will I be able to record more than one local channel at a time?
Thanks.

Something I should have first asked about the OTA antenna and adapter with my Hopper 3.... I got the Hopper to record several prime time shows at one time, an option I couldn't do with my VIP722K. I know with the OTA antenna connected to the Hopper 3, I will be able to record but will I be able to record more than one local channel at a time?
Thanks.

You can still record the locals you get from DISH via satellite, and the CBS station can be recorded via OTA using your adaptor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts