OTA Analog Stations on 622

psuodu

Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I had my 622 install yesterday. When I went to add local OTA channels all the receiver recognized were the digital stations. Normally, this would not be a problem, but 2 of our stations are under hamster power, and I can not pick up their signals from my house (25 miles from the antennas). I tried to capture the analog station signals using the "add local" button under the local channel area, but it would not recognize them.

Does anyone know if you can get OTA analog locals using the 622 or am I wasting my time.

Thanks

Unfortunately, there is no way to get your analog OTA locals on the 622. If it is really important for you, a 942 will do the trick, but the 942 cannot record the signal and you cannot use pause, FF or RW either. At that point just hook the antenna directly to your TV. Sorry I didn't have better news for you.

Thanks, that is how I have it set up (split into the TV), but I was hoping I was missing something in the 622.

And it would require extra effort to convert the analog signal to digital for recording it on the HD, compatible with the other recordings. I wonder if the ATSC tuner in the ViP622 has an unused NTSC capability?

Most people would be ahead with the digital signals, even if they are unaware of them. Fewer and fewer people will have good analog but poor digital reception over the next few years.

navychop said:
And it would require extra effort to convert the analog signal to digital for recording it on the HD, compatible with the other recordings. I wonder if the ATSC tuner in the ViP622 has an unused NTSC capability?

Most people would be ahead with the digital signals, even if they are unaware of them. Fewer and fewer people will have good analog but poor digital reception over the next few years.

E* has had analog tuners on previous models of HD dvr's. They never had it so consumer could record it.

Yes, the 942. So dropping it is to save money? Avoid requests to add a feature to record analog to HD? Just viewed as obsolete? E*'s contribution to the digital transition?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)