OTA Antenna amplifier causing 622 weirdness?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adavis720

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
With all the folks having issues with the latest software update causing their OTA to act up, I am having a hard time troubleshooting here.

My 622 totally locked up after tuning to an OTA channel, it might be a coincidence, but I figured I should ask - Can an amplifier mess up the 622? I am trying to share my indoor antenna output to the 622, my OTA STB and my TV, and using a splitter (even two-way) is just enough signal loss to make it a problem. Should I be concerned?

it shuld not. i have have 25db to boost my antenna signal then i have second 25db amp I'm ruining 622 in single mode 625 in single mode and antenna through r way splitter o combined it then splitting it 4 way to 4 TVs

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. It is a 4 way amplified switch, so I guess if I needed to, I could send the output of the amp that feeds the 622 through a splitter to "dumb" it down a little.

But if you guy think it is not a problem, thats cool. Like I said, it could just be a coincidence.

Before one of the recent upgrades I had occasional problems with my CBS affiiliate pixelating when viewed through the 622. Somewhat less often it would just drop out. It never happened on the other stations. So yes I think that under some circumstances a 622 can misbehave on too stronga signal. Is the amp adjustable? other wise try the splitter or an attenuator.

Before one of the recent upgrades I had occasional problems with my CBS affiiliate pixelating when viewed through the 622. Somewhat less often it would just drop out. It never happened on the other stations. So yes I think that under some circumstances a 622 can misbehave on too stronga signal. Is the amp adjustable? other wise try the splitter or an attenuator.

Yes it is adjustable, but adjusted all the way down. I am most worried about causing actual physical damage to the electronic components, not such much just losing the signal.

My OTA box and TV seem to be doing great with the amplified splitter, I'm going to try the regular -3.5 splitter for the 622 to take a little off.

UPDATE: That seems to help, no more 100 on channel 6 (that was the one that was slamming), now in the 80's. Time will tell..

Amplification won't hurt the unit.

RF amplification won't damage the components. It can overload the 622's signal input amplifier but that will just destroy the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts