OTA antenna and Dish 301 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdanderson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
Garland,Tx.
Can I still use my old Winegard antenna that I got with Voom when I hook my old Dish 301 receiver back up. I was using a diplexer with the Voom receiver but I don't know if the 301 can be used like that. I really do want to run two separate cable from the dish but I thought I might save some money on local channels if I can get them with the Winegard and not have Dish provide them. Thanks for any advice.

Yes, that should work just fine. Just make sure you have a diplexer at either end and you should be good to go. I currently use that setup myself. The only thing I wonder about is whether or not that Winegard antenna is some sort of amplified model. I think some of the people over on the VOOM forum were asking the same question, and also asking if they needed a new power supply to make the antenna work. You may want to check into that first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts