OTA antenna choices for my boat

KCtundra

Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Hi, I'm new here, I have some questions that I hope someone has some experience with. I have a boat at Lake Perry, KS. It's zip is 66073. It's 40+ miles to KC, it's 20+ miles to Topeka. I've been researching OTA antennas, and the two candidates that seem to be the best, for my application, are the Channel Master CM3000A, and a Windgard MS2000 Metrostar. I would be mounting this on the top of the radar arch of a Sea Ray 290 Cruiser. These two seem to be nearly identical, but I wish I had more feedback from people who have experience with these. This probably doesn't matter, but I will be hooking this up to a Vizio 22" LCD. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

With any omnidirectional antenna reflected signals are going to be your problem. Your second problem is going to be the fact a boat is mobile so you need reception from changing directions that pretty much says "omnidirectional" antenna. Both CM and Winegard are old reliable manufacturers of antennas. From personal experience I prefer Winegard over Channel Master but both are good companies. Topeka is going to be your main channels because they are closer and will have the stronger signals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)