OTA Antenna Install

pjsjeep

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 22, 2008
Tuscaloosa AL
I am new to this topic. I have found a used HD digital antenna to use, now I need to find someone to install it. Any idea's how to find one? I live in Tuscaloosa, AL.... I have a 10 foot pole and most of the parts. I may need a taller pole.

Thanks

I am new to this topic. I have found a used HD digital antenna to use, now I need to find someone to install it. Any idea's how to find one? I live in Tuscaloosa, AL.... I have a 10 foot pole and most of the parts. I may need a taller pole.

Thanks
First there is no such thing as a HD digital antenna. Any antenna since the 50's will work for reception of todays digital signal.
Try looking on Amy's list/ Craig's list/ want ads/shopper type newspapers & the good ole yellow pages. I don't live in Tuscaloosa you should be more familiar with resources in your area.

Any antenna since the 50's will work for reception of todays digital signal.
That is no truer now than it was back in the '50s. VHF antennas were very popular in my area back in the day. The key is finding out what real frequencies are broadcast in your area and picking out an antenna that works well with those frequencies.

TVFool.com is a good starting point. It says that the OP has channels ranging from 3 to 50 so a UHF only "HD Digital" antenna would be a bad idea. The OP needs a full-range VHF/UHF/FM antenna. The NBC, Fox, MyTV and PBS channels are going to require a pretty good antenna as they are some distance away and probably over a hill.

I believe that Best Buy and Sears both offer installation services if you can't find anyone listed elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts