OTA antenna recomendations needed

Shadowtester

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
Ok here is my situation I live in a 1 story house and all my OTA HD stations are UHF. The problem is they range in distance from just over 2 miles away to almost 20 miles away and they are in a 180 deg arc. I really do not want to use a rotor so I need a antenna that has a field of view of almost 180 deg any sugestions/recomendations?

The Channel Master 3000A claims a range of 30 miles for UHF and 45 miles for VHF, and covers 360 degrees. I have not read any reviews about it. If someone has one I would love to hear how they like it. I don't know enough about it to recommend it one way or the other........Rich

I'd try the Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna. It's cheap, portable and should pick up the 20 mile stations IF they broadcast high power.

There is a dirrectional entenna that is availabe for $25 at Radio Shack. you could buy more than one antenna and cable them all into a combiner. this way you could point each antenna at each direction that has stations. This is what I am doing at my home and I have a friend that has done the same thing with great success.

I have an Terk indoor antenna and i'm very happy with it. I live in Toronto-Ontario-Canada and i get the Buffalo channels with good reception.

I'm using the OLD outdoor antenna (may be 15 years old) on the top of my roop with Voom receiver. I can pick up about 30 channels with about 10 in HD
You may not need the fancy HD antenna. Just try the old antenna first before you spend your money

I just purchased a Jensen indoor antenna, and so far HD reception seems to be pretty good. The price was $39.00

OTA Digital/HDTV antenna

I got some activated voom receivers from an auction web site and use the Terk HDTVi im about 30 miles away from surrounding stations the VHF part of the antenna is still needed i have one where i live!

Shadowtester said:
Ok here is my situation I live in a 1 story house and all my OTA HD stations are UHF. The problem is they range in distance from just over 2 miles away to almost 20 miles away and they are in a 180 deg arc. I really do not want to use a rotor so I need a antenna that has a field of view of almost 180 deg any sugestions/recomendations?
If you wan the best results you wil need a rotor. You could try this:

http://www.starkelectronic.com/cm3000a.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts