OTA Channels in Los Angeles

Dummkopf

Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Califonia
Hello everybody,

This is my first post on this forum. Is there a listing somewhere on the web of the OTA channels in the Los Angeles area? Thanks to all!

You can try TV Fool
There you can go to "check your address for free tv", input your address and it will show you among other things, a table and graph with the available OTA channels in your area, the type of antenna you need to get them, and where to orientate it for better reception.
You can also check the FCC site, The Digital TV Transition: What You Need to Know About DTV and in the "Get Help Locally" menu, select "DTV Reception maps" and check your address.

Hope this helps. And welcome to the forum!

The above mentioned sites are good but I have another similar question. It may also be of interest to the OP.

The only thing wrong with those sites are they only show you the main channels. Where can you find something that lists all the digital subs and what they are as well.

I don't know of a list that includes the sub channels but when you are connected scannig for channels will bring up all that you can receive. Now since June 12th I can think of at least 2 subchannels that have changed or stopped broadcasting. It seems not every broadcasters pockets are deep enough to keep their signal up until they can develop a following with advertisers.

The only thing wrong with those sites are they only show you the main channels. Where can you find something that lists all the digital subs and what they are as well.

I also of course assumed that the sub channels would listed. Right now in the LA area I'm getting 81 total channels including subs.

In this age of getting everything off the Internet, is it really possible that I'll have to manually write down all the 81 channels? :eek:

I also of course assumed that the sub channels would listed. Right now in the LA area I'm getting 81 total channels including subs.

In this age of getting everything off the Internet, is it really possible that I'll have to manually write down all the 81 channels? :eek:

Personally, In my area I wish there were 81 channels to write down..I did find this under a search of "Los Angeles Broadcast TV"

The Wikipedia Template for "LA TV"

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:LA_TV"]Template:LA TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Its kind of hard to decipher..and Have no way of knowing how accurate it is, but I counted over 81 stations, so it should be of some help hopefully..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)