OTA feed TV2

jjjjjreynolds

Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
I'm new to this forum, and have been looking at direct and dish for a few weeks now. Neither have the locals(Omaha) in HD and I'm having a hard time with paying $5 for my locals with dish, when I bring all the networks HD signal OTA in at 98% right now.(Radio Shack, $24 antenna, approx 60 mi from the towers) I understand I can route the OTA directly into a dish or direct receiver. For example on a VIP622 or 322, I assume the signal will work on TV1, but will it be sent to TV2 as well? I plan on running the RCA outputs to TV2.

Will the channels be integrated into the listings, come up on a menu, or will I need to go to a menu or something to view the OTA channels. Will this OTA signal work on a common SD television.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this if these are basic questions and Thank you.

JR

It will not go to tv2 when you're in dual mode on the 622, if you put it in single mode(mirror image on both tvs) it will work. No way to make the 322 do it, though.

The only way to get OTA to TV 2 is use the following trick.

Find what you want to watch on TV1, tune to the OTA Channel, then press record.

Now go into the other room to TV2, press the DVR button and select the show you want to watch. Yes its delayed a few moments, but you can still watch OTA shows on TV. :)

What type of antenna do you need for HD OTA signals? I have a 622 and the HD Gold Package with locals (not in HD). I am a previous Direct TV subscriber and switched to Dish for the HD. I find that Dishes equipment with the dual tuners is much more flexible but Dishes programming guides and TEVO are more user friendly.

It is a UHF only, go to the website jjnemoiii mentioned and plug in your address and it will give you the directions and distances of the towers. I"m luck, all 4 network towers are next to each other, one antenna pointed in their direction. The antennas are directional, so you may have to buy 2 or more and point them in the direction of the tower(s). Mine was a cheapie from radio shack, $24 I think it was.

all u need is 2 splitters

i am sure TV2 signal is sent to tv2 using a diplexer all you need to do is use a splitter to join the OTA UHF signal with TV2 to the DIPLEXER
u can still split it without a diplexer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts