OTA Guide data on a 811 (Bell 6100)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kryspy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

I live in Canada and have an ExpressVU 6100 (Dish 811) HD receiver. We don't get any program data information for OTA do DISH 811 users?

If so, how do you achieve it?

On the 6100 the map to whatever option isn't there is that how you guys received it ?

Thanks in advance

Kryspy

Kryspy said:
Hi,

I live in Canada and have an ExpressVU 6100 (Dish 811) HD receiver. We don't get any program data information for OTA do DISH 811 users?

If so, how do you achieve it?

On the 6100 the map to whatever option isn't there is that how you guys received it ?

Thanks in advance

Kryspy

I believe that DISH only provides OTA information if you subscribe to local channels. I seem to recall a huge uproar over that.

This issue was recently discussed in detail on the HD board. Do a search over there on 811 and ota guide

Holy Crap !!! This has been beaten to death. I am unsure I will have a solution as us up in Canada don't have the samer locals issues as you do in the US.

We receive all local markets cross the country so I am unsure what ExpressVU needs to do at their end to map the channel info.

Kryspy

chaddux said:
I believe that DISH only provides OTA information if you subscribe to local channels. I seem to recall a huge uproar over that.
That applies to the 921. IIRC, the 811 depends on PSIP data in the OTA signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)