OTA Guide Display

mdntblu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Corona, CA
I have a question about the OTA channels displaying in the guide. I noticed that only the major networks show the show titles in the guide. If you go to a different channel like KTBN's Church Channel or JCTV or Smile of a Child TV it just shows Digital Service. The Smile of A Child TV (040-05 in Los Angeles) has a lot of shows that my kids can watch but the problem is I can't setup timers for these shows unless I do a manual timer. 1st question: is there a way to create a manual timer and then put a name to it so when you look in your DVR Recorded shows it shows a name? 2nd Question: is there a secret way to force the 622 to download the guide by naming the channel something? I noticed that even on some of the local channels that Dish doesn't offer in HD show the show titles.

Any help would be appreciated.

And many local OTA stations still only put "digital program" or similar in their PSIP data. Dish does not use the PSIP anyway, but those of us getting our HD OTA don't get much help from the stations either. Back to the VCR days in setting timers the slow way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)