OTA HD Input Causes Reboots... Maybe?

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
I have been suffering with reboots of my 722's, later 722K since near the beginning of 2010. All of that time I have had my locals run from an OTA antenna thru my receiver. I have been thru four or five 722's and am now awaiting delivery of a replacement 722K due to solely this problem.

Base on a suggestion from KKlare in another thread I deselected my OTA (still physically connected) from my 722K and the problem has been non-existent for four days. Prior to that I had about ten in a week with four in one day alone. See: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ons/227042-lots-event-stopped-stb-reboot.html

I guess that the theory is that ANY signal disruption from the OTA input causes the receiver to freak-out and reboot. So I guess that it is possible that a station hiccup in the signal, multipath problems (airplane flying over), and/or terrestrial interference could generate this issue.

I you are having this problem please chime in and let's get it elevated!

I have a 722 and a K both with OTA and have never had such problem with either.

I have been suffering with reboots of my 722's, later 722K since near the beginning of 2010. All of that time I have had my locals run from an OTA antenna thru my receiver. I have been thru four or five 722's and am now awaiting delivery of a replacement 722K due to solely this problem.

Base on a suggestion from KKlare in another thread I deselected my OTA (still physically connected) from my 722K and the problem has been non-existent for four days. Prior to that I had about ten in a week with four in one day alone. See: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ons/227042-lots-event-stopped-stb-reboot.html

I guess that the theory is that ANY signal disruption from the OTA input causes the receiver to freak-out and reboot. So I guess that it is possible that a station hiccup in the signal, multipath problems (airplane flying over), and/or terrestrial interference could generate this issue.

I you are having this problem please chime in and let's get it elevated!

I've had that problem with both my 622 & 722 (NON K) in the past due to losing signal on a weak OTA channel. If it happens you you will not even be able to view a recording. My solution was to always leave the last OTA selected be my strongest one. I believe your theory is 100% correct.
I think it was KKlare that posted about this a long time ago.

Ed

I have a 211k with the issue now at 600 am every day rebooting and taking for ever to get guide info, I deleted the OTA channels with low signals only to see if that will help, if not I will delete them all and check. But this was not an issue until I connected the ota.

I have this problem as stated in other threads with my 722k but this started for me about 2 weeks ago when the updates for the DVR where sent down. I do not run OTA through my receiver and had zero problems with this before the update. I'm sticking by my theory that it is something with the update that is causing this. All threads here seem to target the 722(k).

I have been on this board for a long time and I have read many threads about this same problem with the OTA channels. This issue has been around for a long time and I thought it was a known problem. The most used solution is to always leave the last OTA selected to be the one with the strongest signal.

Hmmm, my 722k seems to have died just today. When I got home from work, I heard it reboot (loud fans) and it's stuck in a reboot cycle. Resetting it via the front-panel button didn't change anything. Pulling the power plug didn't do anything. Tech support gave me no qualms about getting a replacement on the way... Took my word for trying the power pull and resets.

I do have OTA connected but don't have low signal on any stations. I'm still tempted to disconnect the cable or do I have to pull the module and see if it helps ?

Hmmm, my 722k seems to have died just today. When I got home from work, I heard it reboot (loud fans) and it's stuck in a reboot cycle. Resetting it via the front-panel button didn't change anything. Pulling the power plug didn't do anything. Tech support gave me no qualms about getting a replacement on the way... Took my word for trying the power pull and resets.

I do have OTA connected but don't have low signal on any stations. I'm still tempted to disconnect the cable or do I have to pull the module and see if it helps ?

It's not low signal, it's multipath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts