OTA HDTV Tuner integration

cableghost

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2005
I have Dish Network as a service provider and have a DTV w/o a HD Tuner and looking to purchase a OTA HD tuner to receive my local channels in HD :cool: .

If I purchase any one of the many hdtv ota tuners (such as the voom tuners I've seen recently) can I integrate it into my existing system so that I would still only use 1 remote control to flip through channels regardless of which piece of hardware is receiving the signal?

Second, how would I connect this new tuner to my home theater sound system?

Scott

Hopefully this will help

A universal remote should control the receiver, whether it is a "learning remote" or a code entry remote. If it is code entry, look for "StarChoice" under satellite receivers. This will be the code or codes used to control the Motorola DSR-550 Voom receiver.

You have different options for audio output on the receiver. You use either the fiber optic or the SP/DIF rca connector for a digital connection to your home theatre system. The receiver also feature 2 sets of analog stereo outputs if your home theatre system does not have digital inputs.

Thanks for the reply, I'm still slightly confused...

1. with a basic universal-learning remote, would I need to press a button on the remote to change to the new receiver each time I wanted to watch local channels and press another button to watch all the other programming offered by dish network? Operationally speaking, it seems that it may be just easier to get a HD receiver that would pickup dish netowrk programming as well.

2. Home theater- would I need to connect the home theater to this new receiver in addition to my present connection (TV)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)