OTA - Huntsville, AL Stations

kcnal

Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I've had Voom now for about three months. Initially, I couldn't recieve any local stations OTA. They (Voom) upgraded the antenna and now I can recieve FOX, NBC, CBS, and PBS but not ABC. I'm located between Huntsville and Fayetteville. Anyone else have similar experience?

According to antennaweb.org for Huntsville FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and PBS all appear to be clustered together so it would seem that you should be able to receive ABC as well without having to adjust your antenna. Could it be that your local ABC affiliate is broadcasting a weaker signal than the others? How far are you from the stations? What kind of antenna did you get?

yes ABC in H'ville is only broadcasting digital with no HDTV at about 3watts. Only way to receive them is to setup your TV in their parking lot.

Yes, they are broadcasting a weak signal

WAAY 31 (ABC affiliate in Huntsville) is broadcasting on extremely low power for right now, which is only 2.5 kilowatts (my FM station here broadcasts on more power than that!!). It won't be until June of this year when they'll be able to go HDTV as well as full power. Until then, you could try getting WKRN channel 2 out of Nashville. They're supposed to be going over the state line into Alabama (broadcast power is at a woppin 936kilowatts!). I get about a 98% signal quality on channel 2, so it should at least be getting the minimal 85% in your area. Oh, by the way, I live in Fayetteville. Check out this new website for more information in the Tennessee Valley area. I've got a thread showing specifically what I can pick up in my area, and I'm sure others will follow lead as well.

http://www.tennesseevalleyhd.net/index.php

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)