OTA issues....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I've been frustrated recently by the OTA performance of my Voom box. One hour I get all HD locals and the next hour I get "signal unavailable" on 3 or 4 channels. The next day they are back. The antenna is in my attic and doesn't move. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
J.

It could be a number of things:

1 - How far are you from the towers?
2 - Are the channels transmitting at full strength?
3 - Are you using a diplexer?

1. Maybe 15 miles max.
2. Yes, the strength on most is typically >90
3. Yes I am since there is no input for the antenna directly into the Voom box.

Any other suggestions??

cruzmisl said:
3. Yes I am since there is no input for the antenna directly into the Voom box.

Any other suggestions??

There is an input for the antenna on the Voom box, but it requires you to remove the diplexor on the Voom box itself. I believe you can remove both diplexors if you can run a cable each for the antenna and for the satellite.

However, with only 15 miles from the antennas, and if the Voom box is reporting local signal strength on at over 90 (even when you have no picture) then I'm not sure what the problem is.

I have had a similar problem with some stations in my area when some of the digital locals occasionally go off-air -- signal strength of 0 -- and then pop back on full strength the next day. (I wonder if they doing some sort of maintenance?)

CDH.

cruzmisl said:
I've been frustrated recently by the OTA performance of my Voom box. One hour I get all HD locals and the next hour I get "signal unavailable" on 3 or 4 channels. The next day they are back. The antenna is in my attic and doesn't move. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
J.
For what's it's worth, I've had 4 HDTV receivers, and they all work well with different channels, "Samsung 351,Zenith 520, Toshiba Ds3000, and Voom ",it's most likely not a problem with your Reciver but with the power a Single provider transmit at, and the threshold of anygiven receiver, " voom " work's best of the one's I've had, 2nd Zenith, worst Samsung, I still have the Zenith seems in our area ABC & Fox have the most problems PBS ??, Until all providers start transmiting at full power it's just a rat we have to eat.?.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)