OTA locals to multiple televisions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dallasiahawk

Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I am getting VOOM installed next week. Can I split the feed off of the VOOM supplied antenna to multiple televisions around my house? I am getting two STB from VOOM, which I imagine would be split off the antenna right away. I am probably using a diplexer because my house is already pre-wired with one coaxil to each location from the attic.

Would say 3 or 4 more splits make it impossible to get my OTA stations on VOOM or anywhere else?

I am 39 miles from the towers in Dallas, TX (live in Plano). All the stations are in one location at 190 degrees, I have a clear shot from a very tall 2 story house. Should I put the antenna in the attic or roof? Can the standard antenna handle this, etc?

Thanks

dallasiahawk said:
I am 39 miles from the towers in Dallas, TX (live in Plano). All the stations are in one location at 190 degrees, I have a clear shot from a very tall 2 story house. Should I put the antenna in the attic or roof? Can the standard antenna handle this, etc?

Thanks

I'm about 8 miles north east of Wylie (45 miles from towers, which are about 220 degrees from my location). I have an un-amplified channel master 3020 in my attic, and I get every station listed in the voom channel map for our area (and then some).

Here's what I do... I have the antenna input split. The first one goes into the Voom box antenna input. Then from the Voom box, I get the RF output and combine it with the other wire from the antenna split, and feed the combined signal to the rest of the house. That way I get all the OTA channels, and channel 3 as the output from the STB. Pretty cool!

-John

If you use a splitter before the diplexer at the antenna, make sure it passes DC.

jgantert said:
Here's what I do... I have the antenna input split. The first one goes into the Voom box antenna input. Then from the Voom box, I get the RF output and combine it with the other wire from the antenna split, and feed the combined signal to the rest of the house. That way I get all the OTA channels, and channel 3 as the output from the STB. Pretty cool!

-John

Do you not have any networks broadcasting on analog 2,3, or 4? We do in DFW, and channel 4 will tromp all over the channel 3 output of the STB (at least it did when I tried it). Alternative is to by an RF modulator that will put the output on an usused UHF channel.

I have 2 & 4. Both come in fine. Also I have a seperate line run for the antenna and dish, so no worries about splitting it before the diplexer. :)

It's kinda strange, I have a UHF antenna (Channel Master 4228, I think), and I can still get 2, 4, 7, 9, 11, 13. Not that I'm complaining... heh

-John

occammd said:
If you use a splitter before the diplexer at the antenna, make sure it passes DC.
Where can I buy such a splitter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts