OTA Multicasting Causing Guide Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shugo77

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 9, 2005
Heart of Dixie
First of all, I have an HDTIVO that I have never had a guide problem with.

Yesterday, I found out that a couple of my Local OTA networks are now multicasting. Cool, I thought, so tonight I re-scanned my OTA channels, and I now have two additional OTA channels. The guide on my two CBS affiliated channels are fine. However; my two FOX affiliated channels have the guides swapped.

My Fox affiliate channel was 54-2, now it is 54-1 with 54-2 now the multicast channel.
But the guide for my Fox is still on 54-2. This is awfull because 54-2 is some music video channel called "THETUBE" so now my TIVO will be recording it unless I set-up manual recordings.

I forced TIVO to make a daily call and restarted it, still the same. I also re-scanned my OTA channels again, same thing.

Now I wish I hadn't scanned for the new channels (not worth it)
Is there anything I can do, or am I S.O.L.?

sounds like a PSIP mix up.... how long have they been multicasting? give it a few days... delete those channels and rescan... that is what I would recommend... though i dont have the hr10-250

Been almost 3 weeks now and still having the same problem I stated above. I have emailed the local network twice and I have been blown off, as the Chief Engineer had absolutely no clue what I was talking about. He responded to my first email, with a completely ignorant answer. I guess he has never heard of TIVO or DVR's in general. :what

I emailed D* and got a canned response. Big surprise there. :rolleyes:

I checked www.zap2it.com , they have the info incorrect as well, so i have emailed them twice with no response at all. If anyone has any past experience with reporting incorrect program guide data to zap2it.com, have they ever fixed it, and if so, how long did it take?

Anyone know of anything else I can try?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)