OTA on Vip 211

knisskid

Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I recently upgraded to the 211 from the 811 and am having some problems with receiving digital locals via off air antenna.
I am able to receive 2 digital off-air signals. My 811 received and locked onto both of them, but the 211 receives both but only locks onto one.
The channels are at transmit #'s 7 and 24. Channel 7 is ABC and channel 24 is PBS. When I try to add local digital the 211 will find and lock on 24 with a signal strength of 58-64. But channel 7's signal strength is 81-84 but will not lock on. I even switched my 811 back in to see if the signal had changed but it locked on right away.
I called C.S. and they sent me a new 211...same problem.
Any ideas?

I don't have any VHF channels but I know sometimes when I change the channel to a UHF OTA channel it will be a blank screen and then the screen that says that it cannot lock on the digital channel pops up for a couple of seconds and then it locks and brings the channel up. There have been times when it does this but doesn't lock even when I go to the add local channels screen and manually type the channel in and there is good signal strenght. Weird, I know but who knows. Maybe it has something to do with it being VHF. Hopefully someone else will chime in that has VHF OTA that could help you.