OTA Pieces and Parts

morgan52

Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
I am a Dish Network user. I want to use a Winegard Model GS-2200 antenna and a DS-2000 mount on my Dish Network antenna (or the like). I want to use the existing cable wiring.

What pieces and parts (components) will I need on the antenna end. I have a diplexer on the TV end.

Right now I have a nifty product from panasonic that clamps directly onto the dish, but it gives me limited HDTV channels. I live in Dallas TX and am able to receive FOX, CBS, and NBC, but ABC put their signal at channel 9 (vhf) and I just need a better antenna. Something non obtrusive that I can attached on the dish (Homeowner Associates are a bear!)

I searched the forums but just didnt find the answer I was looking for. Any help is appreciated.

I actually own this antenna and mount. It's served me fairly well.

Diplexing this one will be a little tricky, because of the preamp power. IIRC, the preamp module is in the antenna itself, and the power mod only powers the module in the antenna. So, I *think* this should work

Antenna <----> power brick <--------> diplexer <---------> diplexer 2 <--------> TV

Depending on where you have a power plug, this could get ugly. You might want to think about a fairly multi-directional passive UHF 2 or 4 bay, which the mount should be able to handle. Channel 9 VHF is high enough that some UHF antennas will work.

Thanks! After a little more research that is EXACTLY the conclusion I came up with!

I hope this simple explanation will help everybody!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts