OTA Pixelation on Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
I have a Hopper with Sling with a Super Joey and 2 regular wired Joey's.

I recently got my OTA antenna setup working to where I can finally receive all my local channels reliably with strong signals.

What I have noticed though is that I am getting pixelation on my Joey's, specifically when using the Guide or when first tuning to a channel. If I try bringing up the guide and scrolling through it, I get pretty severe pixelation and break-up even though I know the OTA signal itself is strong.

My Hopper and Super Joey don't have this issue. My guess is that it is tied into the overall slowness of the Joey's. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a Hopper with Sling with a Super Joey and 2 regular wired Joey's.

I recently got my OTA antenna setup working to where I can finally receive all my local channels reliably with strong signals.

What I have noticed though is that I am getting pixelation on my Joey's, specifically when using the Guide or when first tuning to a channel. If I try bringing up the guide and scrolling through it, I get pretty severe pixelation and break-up even though I know the OTA signal itself is strong.

My Hopper and Super Joey don't have this issue. My guess is that it is tied into the overall slowness of the Joey's. Has anyone else experienced this?
What kind of coax goes from the node to the joey? Is it RG6 3 ghz, or RG59?

75' is not to bad. 150'-200' is pretty long and pushing it. It may be a bad cable, bad port on the node, or even(my guess) bad connecting end. Do you have any coax ends that you can put on the cable at all ends leading to the Joey?

75' is not to bad. 150'-200' is pretty long and pushing it. It may be a bad cable, bad port on the node, or even(my guess) bad connecting end. Do you have any coax ends that you can put on the cable at all ends leading to the Joey?
Actually, my runs are probably closer to 100-110ft. I don't think it is a bad cable though, because this same problem occurs on both of my Joey's. The picture is just fine when I'm watching TV, but once I bring the guide up and start scrolling, that is when everything begins to break up. The same thing happens on both Joey's, but not on the Hopper or Super Joey.

May be a heat problem. I had the same problem with one OTA station on my Joey but not the Hopper. Read somewhere about a Joey ventilation problem when the Joey was in a horizontal position. When I stood the Joey up in a vertical position the pixelation problem went away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)