OTA & Post Receiver Signal to other rooms

Status
Please reply by conversation.

apa1exakis

Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
First, hello all since I just joined this forum!

I am wanting to take a signal from my satelite after the receiver and mirror it to all rooms. I don't want to pay for more than the two receivers I have and would just like to mirror the channel the receiver is on to the other non-receiver tvs in my house.

I also have a regular TV antenna on my roof that I would like to distribute to all of my TVs. I currently have one RG-6 Quad Cable going to each room in the house.

So I am wondering how i can take that signal after the receiver, combine it with the TV antenna via a single cable and then split it out at the room end.

My theory was to combine the post receiver signal and the antenna signal via a diplexer and then on the other end in the room I can split the two signals apart using a diplexer. Should this work?

I currently have a few 40-2150MHz Channel Vision Diplexers.

Thank you so much.

Diplexers won't work for this. If you have an RF output from your satellite receiver it will be channel 3 or 4 which are also OTA channels.
You have to look at your OTA signal and find a channel where there is no signal being received by you. Preferably the channel should be the center one of a block of three which is vacant (so if 22,23 and 24 are vacant you should use 23). Remember that some of the channels are being used for digital stations and others for analog, and that there may be noise on some channels created by distant stations you can't receive. When you have a suitable channel, you need a programmable modulator/distributor like the Channel Plus 3025 which is a distribution system with two modulators. This takes audio and video outputs from two sources like satellite receivers, puts these two signals on two channels of your choice, and merges them with the OTA input from an antenna. I use the 3025 to add the output from two satellite receivers to my OTA and distribute it around my house.
You tune into the channels from the sat receivers just like any other OTA channel.

If channel 3 or 4 are vacant you can use a SC3 or SC4 signal combiner to combine your OTA antenna. Just remember it will be a short term solution. In Feb 2009 your current analog channels will dissappear and there won't be anymore OTA to combine.

No, there will still be plenty of OTA to combine. It's just it will be digital, and your digital tuner won't see the modulated analog signals. But you can split the signal and run one of the outputs to an existing NTSC analog tuner and see the modulated signals that way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)