OTA Problem in Indy

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Got my 622 yesterday. With an attic digital antenna, all stations coming in at 90+ except Ch. 13 (NBC), which maxes out about 84, but will dip down to 72 and sometimes 0, causing break-up in sound and picture, and sometimes the lost signal screen.
Anyone else around here experiencing the same problem or have ideas to fix. My thinking is putting the ant. outside is not going to solve such drastic signal drops. Is this a similar problem as per some of the other OTA problem threads...meaning on their end?

had similar problem here in Columbus with ABC. Turns out local affiliate had recently moved some of there electronic equipment that does the broadcasting onto or under a tin roof. It only effected DISH equipment. AFter a couple weeks
of harrassment from (us) dish customers, they fixed the problem. So in short try contacting Ch. 13 to see if they have made recent changes in there broadcast.

Got my 622 yesterday. With an attic digital antenna, all stations coming in at 90+ except Ch. 13 (NBC), which maxes out about 84, but will dip down to 72 and sometimes 0, causing break-up in sound and picture, and sometimes the lost signal screen.
Anyone else around here experiencing the same problem or have ideas to fix. My thinking is putting the ant. outside is not going to solve such drastic signal drops. Is this a similar problem as per some of the other OTA problem threads...meaning on their end?

Not knowing how far from Indy you are, I would say that putting the antenna outside and as high as you can get it would make a difference. I live in Columbus also (just south of Columbus actually). In our case, there are a lot of things between here and Indy that can block or breakup the signal at times. Digital signals are a lot different than Analog. If a plane passes between you and the signal, it would make analog fade somewhat, but it would make digital turn into pixels, plus all of the digital signals are weaker than the analog signals right now, thus the need to get the antenna out of the house.

It's funny. I can get a more stable signal from Louisville a lot of times than I can from Indy, and it's farther away..

I am about 10 miles away from the Indy "antenna farm" on the northwest side. I live in the Castleton area. So, pretty close. Like I said, all the others are stellar, even WTTK in Kokomo (the Channel 4 north feeder), which ALWAYS comes in at 100%. I'll probably call 13 engineering. Like I said, its the signal DROPS that are causing the problems. All others are constant.

I also use a 622 here in Indy with an outside antenna. I have noticed WTHR's signal strength drop to 0 on the display but the picture rarely ever drops out. I usually see this when first changing to 13 from some other channel. Every great once in a while the pic doesn't show on 13 for about 5 seconds and says 0 strength but that is rare.

Sorry for not having any real help but thoght I would chime in that I see something similar.

FYI, I am about 10 miles from the antenna farm.

Glad to know it it's not just me. Yesterday, I installed the ant. outside. 13 is now loud and clear, but now I'm getting the problem with 6 though not nearly as frequent. Will have to go back up and tweak some more.

The 622 has problems with some OTA stations. I run my local FOX station through my TV tuner because it breaks up on my 622 even though it’s getting a strong signal. Now my NBC station want get any sound on my 622 unless it’s recording and delayed 20 seconds or more. They both work fine on my TV tuner. The local FOX station is supposed to be working on the problem with Dish but the have not solved it yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts