OTA Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

r.jones1116

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Goose Creek, SC
I have 3 OTA stations orientated @ 111 degrees and a forth @ 151 degrees.
I'm too cheap to spend the money for a rotor. My mast is mounted on the roof and the antenna is aimed at 111 degrees. I would like to get my forth channel. If I mount a second antenna on the mast, aim it at 151 degrees and combine the coax' will this allow me to receive my forth channel or just screw up the overall reception? :confused:

I believe that you need to buy a combiner to do this. somebody did this already and posted some information here. I would do a search and see if I can find the post.

ooh...ohhh..oohhh. me to ....what splitter would i use I already got the second antenna ready to mount and I have a 26db amp runing on antenne end to boost my OTA locals will this affect when i split into 2 antennas?, IM headin to radiocrack in a few hours to pick up what i need for this project. dbating if i should mount antenna on pole 20 ft above roof line? (dont know, it will help?)

Mr.C

Just combining the two with a splitter may not work very well. The two signals combined can cause multipath issues and may make both signals unwatchable. There are two acceptable methods to dealing with your situation besides getting a rotor.

1) Set up the two antenna's with seperate leads and have them both come into the house and hook them up to an A / B Switch that you can get at Rat Shack, they even have a remote control one. That way you just switch from A Antenna to B Antenna depending which channel you are watching.

2) The other method would be to get a Join-Tenna that is sold by Channel master which filters out the signals from the 2nd antenna so that they can both come into the house via one lead. http://www.warrenelectronics.com/Antennas/joiners.htm

These methods will insure that you don't make the signal worse with multipath issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)