OTA question

they simply say that they don't remember the #s for HD. Why cable suppliers don't allow customers to defer to HD like Dish does is amazing! Even to list the channels SD and HD right next to each other in their guide like Dish does would help.
Yeap, I've seen that a lot of times. You have to admit, on one hand Dish kinda dumbed down the system but on the other hand, especially with the Hopper, they've almost eliminated any possible confusion in tuning to an SD channel when an HD version exists.

Isn't that true. I go to friends who are on cable and they have amazing HD TVs. Yet they are watching their channels in SD stretched and saying that it is HD. When I show them that there is a real HD channel starting at the 1000 numbers(Suddenlink), they simply say that they don't remember the #s for HD. Why cable suppliers don't allow customers to defer to HD like Dish does is amazing! Even to list the channels SD and HD right next to each other in their guide like Dish does would help.
My parents did that with Comcast. I'd correct them, but next time I went by, the SD was back on.

Isn't that true. I go to friends who are on cable and they have amazing HD TVs. Yet they are watching their channels in SD stretched and saying that it is HD. When I show them that there is a real HD channel starting at the 1000 numbers(Suddenlink), they simply say that they don't remember the #s for HD. Why cable suppliers don't allow customers to defer to HD like Dish does is amazing! Even to list the channels SD and HD right next to each other in their guide like Dish does would help.
Yet another reason to have Dish over Suddenlink (who is my local cable company).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts