OTA Reception / 811

imstriker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
Ok, maybe it is just me... Did everyone elses OTA HDTV get worse on the 811 recently? I remember seeing it briefly mentioned in another thread that this happened with the new s/w. Maybe it was talked about more, but I could have missed it :). At any rate, it is just downright bad now. Channels that I got very reliably are cutting in and out constantly. I cannot reposition the antenna to make things happy anymore. Just curious if this was anyone elses experience or if I should maybe call in a hardware problem.

imstriker said:
Ok, maybe it is just me... Did everyone elses OTA HDTV get worse on the 811 recently? I remember seeing it briefly mentioned in another thread that this happened with the new s/w. Maybe it was talked about more, but I could have missed it :). At any rate, it is just downright bad now. Channels that I got very reliably are cutting in and out constantly. I cannot reposition the antenna to make things happy anymore. Just curious if this was anyone elses experience or if I should maybe call in a hardware problem.

I noticed that after the P287 upgrade on my 811, HD OTA is not as good.

I suppose it could be a multipath issue, but it did not happen last year on my HD STB. The antenna is indoor, so it is not wind related. It is very odd in its behavior though... I can be happily watching a station with 85-87% signal and then boom it drops out, about 2 second later it comes right back with 85+ again. Moving and/or adjusting the antenna seems to help somewhat, but not completely. What is really wierd is that this is now occuring on all of my UHF stations that used to come in without any questions. Thanks, Harry, for making me feel not quite so alone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)