OTA Reception Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

srjewettlaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Can anyone help me?

i live in Winter Park Florida(32789). I use a Terk HDTV outdoor antenna(Grey square thing) next to my D* dish. I never have problems with ABC or NBC but Fox and CBS freeze and pixalate alot. Doesn't seem to be connected to weather-in fact very often happens when completely clear and sunny.

Antennaweb says CBS 92 deg-18 miles pixillates and freezes the most
NBC 92 deg-18 miles only pixillated once
FOX 94 deg-16.4 miles pixillates second most
ABC 101 deg-18.5 miles never seen it pixillate
PBS 94 deg-16 miles sometimes no signal at all

Is the dish pointed wrong-installer said they are in the same general direction so he would point it "that way".

What shoudl it pointed at to get the best and most consistent signal for all?

Would a signal booster of some tiype be helpful?

Thanks
Steve

Get rid of the terk antenna... they are expensive junk... also there is no such thing as a HDTV Antenna.

I have a Radio shack 15-2160 in my attic and it works great. The towers are between 15-25 mile from my house.

You can also try the Radio Shack double bow tie. I have one and it got most of my DTV stations.

Also try the Zenith ZHDTV1 Silver Sensor. It is another fine Indoor antenna. YMMV

Notice the price on those antennas? A lot cheaper than those no good Terk antennas.

If you want a outdoor antenna I would either use a ChannelMaster or Winegard antenna.

Jerry

Any chance you have the Terk OTA signal running on the same coax line as your satellite signal (using a diplexer)? From experience, I've found that diplexers can often weaken the OTA signal substantially. Try a direct run from your OTA antenna to your receiver to see if signal strength improves.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts