OTA reciever help

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
I want to get another OTA tuner. I am looking at a voom reciever and i was told the scan work so it will pick up ota. My qeustion is will i get ota program information with these recievers?

By FCC rule, the broadcasters of DTV channels must transmit a minimum amount of program guide information. Usually just the title of the show and the start and finish time plus the V-chip rating. It typically only covers a few hours to a day. It might get better in the future.

The question I can't answer about your VOOM receiver is whether or not it has software functions to allow you to call up the OTA program guide. I believe all non-DBS combo receivers do have that function built in, but for a VOOM receiver, I don't know.

Voom boxes do not offer OTA Schedule information. If it's any comfort, they will work with SA tivo boxes though. Granted, the tivo makes it SD, but it looks great when compared to it's own internal OTA tuner. It's also about the best way to record stuff off of the Voom box. No firewire ports for D-VHS/Computer hookups!

Also, what's neat with a SA Tivo is you can intergrade the DTV channels with the non DTV channels. I live in Cleveland, PBS and WB do not offer Digial transmissions. My wife learns one "system" and doesn't have flip inputs on the TV around just to channel surf. She has one remote that controls the TV, Tivo (analog) channels, and Voom (digital) channels.

jolt said:
Voom boxes do not offer OTA Schedule information. If it's any comfort, they will work with SA tivo boxes though. Granted, the tivo makes it SD, but it looks great when compared to it's own internal OTA tuner. It's also about the best way to record stuff off of the Voom box. No firewire ports for D-VHS/Computer hookups!

Also, what's neat with a SA Tivo is you can intergrade the DTV channels with the non DTV channels. I live in Cleveland, PBS and WB do not offer Digial transmissions. My wife learns one "system" and doesn't have flip inputs on the TV around just to channel surf. She has one remote that controls the TV, Tivo (analog) channels, and Voom (digital) channels.

Wow cool thank you for the reply!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts