Ota sensar gs2200 batwing.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
I was wondering if anyone who had this exact antenna (amplified version) could tell me what the voltage and amperage of the power inserter is. I believe it's 12vdc... but mine didn't come with instructions or the power adapter.. i however have a plethora of power packs in random voltages... the only thing that concerns me is my atsc meter can send 6 12 or 24v.. I doubt it's a 24v system but I thought I'd post and try to get an answer from someone that has one or maybe solidsignal.com could open a box and check for me :)

Would you like this moved to the ota forum? You will probably get better results there.

Yea I looked in the fta forum first and realized I was in the wrong place.. then ended up here by mistake since this is where I do most posting.. sorry but that. You can move it chip

I was wondering if anyone who had this exact antenna (amplified version) could tell me what the voltage and amperage of the power inserter is. I believe it's 12vdc... but mine didn't come with instructions or the power adapter.. i however have a plethora of power packs in random voltages... the only thing that concerns me is my atsc meter can send 6 12 or 24v.. I doubt it's a 24v system but I thought I'd post and try to get an answer from someone that has one or maybe solidsignal.com could open a box and check for me :)
Is this the antenna? http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=gs-2200 If so, clicking specifications shows 12 VDC @ 60ma. Hope this helps!:)

I'm not really up on the whole Ota thing with uhf vs vhf and such.. all I know is how to set the stuff up and programming an am21 as a dtv tech.. the wingman attachment.. in plain English do you think this will really add any benefits to my setup? My antenna is about 35ft in the air zip code 18640

I'm not really up on the whole Ota thing with uhf vs vhf and such.. all I know is how to set the stuff up and programming an am21 as a dtv tech.. the wingman attachment.. in plain English do you think this will really add any benefits to my setup? My antenna is about 35ft in the air zip code 18640
Inputting zip code 18640 into tvfool.com gets: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=d24312f937b921 Shows you as LOS (Line Of Sight) and really close to the towers. You would need to enter an exact location to be sure but from the looks of the report you should get all the OTA locals and sub-channels easily.:) I'm 41 and 57 miles from the towers with a large hill between. I'm currently working on putting up large directional UHF and HI-VHF antennas with preamp to get better reception. Wish me luck!:rolleyes:

it will get you some subchannels like AntennaTV, MeTV. Your market doesnt really have many subchannels (NBC & CBS have none)
good news is looking at the database all your subchannels from your market WILL have guide info :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)