OTA Setup that works

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
My local stations are about 30 air miles away, all north. The problem I was having was I could not get them all with out turning the antenna. Solution, I put two Zenith Silver sensor antennas on a splitter with two foot of cable on each side. I have both pointed north, but one tilted right, one tilted left and so now I get all my locals. I have both of these antenna in the attic on the north side.

How far will the Silver Sensor work??? I live about 45 to 60 miles from all my broadcasters and I'm looking for something small that works..

CBS and ABC from Macon and Perry. Trying to dodge a big rooftop antenna though.. People in my neighborhood don't like that to much

I am 30 miles and get 90-95 percent signal, but 60 is pushing it, what about a large antenna concealed in the attic?

yukon said:
CBS and ABC from Macon and Perry. Trying to dodge a big rooftop antenna though.. People in my neighborhood don't like that to much

I'm from North Ga, where it gets quite hilly. If I remember correctly, Perry is relatively flat, so unless the pecan and pine trees are blocking your view significantly, give the Silver Sensor a shot. You should be able to return that antenna if it doesn't work out. Stores don't like returns on the bigger antennas.

I'm not so lucky. I live 60 miles from the Atlanta stations, but I have to contend with large ridges, pine trees, and this "little" rock called Stone Mountain that's in my way. I'm going to attempt an install with a Channel Master 4228 this weekend, but I'm not expecting much. Antennaweb.org shows that no digital station can be picked up at my location. Keep an eye out for a nearly new but "thrown off the top of a roof" 4228 on Ebay if I can't get it to work. :D

The Big Wood said:
I'm from North Ga, where it gets quite hilly. If I remember correctly, Perry is relatively flat, so unless the pecan and pine trees are blocking your view significantly, give the Silver Sensor a shot. You should be able to return that antenna if it doesn't work out. Stores don't like returns on the bigger antennas.

I'm not so lucky. I live 60 miles from the Atlanta stations, but I have to contend with large ridges, pine trees, and this "little" rock called Stone Mountain that's in my way. I'm going to attempt an install with a Channel Master 4228 this weekend, but I'm not expecting much. Antennaweb.org shows that no digital station can be picked up at my location. Keep an eye out for a nearly new but "thrown off the top of a roof" 4228 on Ebay if I can't get it to work. :D
I f you can't get the 4228 to work let me know, I 'll take it of your hands. :D
Where are you at?
Yukon, the 4228 is relatively flat and can be mounted in ways to conceal it.
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/grou...o.com/group/ahdtv/lst?&.dir=/&.src=gr&.view=t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)