OTA Signal Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpa25

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
My OTA signals jump all over the place, making HD almost unwatchable. Bouncing between 70%-93% most of the time, with dips below 50% that cause the picture to drop out.

Its the Winegard Sensar. I'm in 01890 about 12 miles out of Boston. What can I try to correct this?

do you have a direct line of site to the towers? if so, then the atenuator will fix that.. if you are behind a hill or other obstruction then that could be your problem.. need some more info on your situation.. but at 18 miles with a free line of sight, then the sensar should work fine.. (assuming your digital stations are at a decent power output level)

jim

jpa25 said:
My OTA signals jump all over the place, making HD almost unwatchable. Bouncing between 70%-93% most of the time, with dips below 50% that cause the picture to drop out.

Its the Winegard Sensar. I'm in 01890 about 12 miles out of Boston. What can I try to correct this?

The Boston area has lots of hills/buildings, but I SHOULD be fine in that department. Though I don't get Fox local at all, I'm 28 miles from their tower and the antenna is not on the highest rooftop, its on a lower addition. Its a cheap fix, I'll try the attenuator and see what happens.

28 miles is beyond the range of the sensar - at that point you will need something bigger - but it sounds like you may be hitting buildings, on some of the towers.

Any chance you're using a diplexor in your line with the OTA antenna? I had this setup and was seeing the same signal bounces. Once I dedicated the OTA line to a direct run to the receiver, I increased signal strength about 10-20% and it remains very strong.

dumb attenuator question - do I connect that where the line goes into my receiver or on the roof at the antenna?

I have a similar problem with my signal strength jumping all over the place, and I'm less than four miles from the signal (washington, dc - 20009)

thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts